THE OFFICIAL SDC GIRLS STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD

RETIREDFAN1

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

20-18 Fairfield at the half.  Neither team is shooting over 30% from the field.  Neither team has made a 3 pointer.  I expect both to shoot better in the 2nd half.  Winnsboro doing fantastic job on defensive boards.  Just gotta stop the unforced turnovers.  Conditioning could be a factor in second half.  Winnsboro rotating 10 players consistently, Fairfield only 6.  Acker has 3 fouls but can score at will as Fairfield doesn’t want any part of her inside.  Winnsboro stays on the court at half.  I love it.  Let’s get after it!

fairfield needs to come right at acker and get her quick 4th foul then they will steamroll

Edited by Allheartnoquit

2 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

No that is when they are at their best in the press....These girls are well conditioned they will be fine

Last year Fairfield missed a bunch of free throws at the end of the game because they were winded.  This year it’s a much closer game.  Could be a factor.

10 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Fairfield just better and it showed 4th Q. stayed in that amazing press of theirs thats hard to beat hats off to winnsboro but Fairfield great job!!

That younger brackens played great and Fairfield needed her today. Once again a brackens comes in clutch

On 2/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, chevyman said:

Give me Lipan as well. I think it will be a battle though. I knew Lipan was good but seeing them knock off the undefeated #1 Nocona by 14 in the Regional Final got my attention. MM is an absolute mainstay at the state tournament but have certainly not come out on top as much of those times as they wanted so i know this year they will be wanting that trophy

I'll take Lipan too.  I was looking at the records for some of the teams at the state tournament and Lipan beat Fairfield and Holliday.  They beat Fairfield by 12 and Holliday by 19.  In fairness to those teams, it was early in the season.  It was Fairfield's first game and about the 7th for Holliday.  Early or not, that is impressive.

1 minute ago, HGWar6 said:

I'll take Lipan too.  I was looking at the records for some of the teams at the state tournament and Lipan beat Fairfield and Holliday.  They beat Fairfield by 12 and Holliday by 19.  In fairness to those teams, it was early in the season.  It was Fairfield's first game and about the 7th for Holliday.  Early or not, that is impressive.

Lipan beat Winnsboro also.