SMOAKY BRACKET CHALLENGE 2023

RETIREDFAN1

Looks like the Coogs are loaded on the bench with talent as well.  That was a very impressive win....they just flat-out took Auburn outta the game in the last minutes. Whacked em up pretty salty at the end.

Longhorns are not shooting lights out, but are controlling the 10 Seed Penn Staters most of the court.

Finally Riley hits a 3-pointer for the Horns to break the 0-11 iceberg from beyond the arc.  Longhorns winning despite no outside shooting tonight.....usually a serious part of their offensive attack.

Penn State is scoring from outside the arc......they have some good 3-point shooters.  Every time they need one.....they get one to keep this game close.  The Horns are not on their best game......out of sync.

Okay.....call the timeout.  Get it together.  Take your shots and quit trying to work everything under the basket.  Do your deal that got you here.

• Like 1

Northwestern hanging around versus UCLA 👀

Kstate gonna advance. That Nowell kid torched UK. 

Sparty advances to the Sweet 16 over Marquette. Izzo does it again. 

I had Baylor vs Kentucky in one National Semifinal. 😂 Bracket completely burnt to a crisp. 

That'll be it for Baylor. Creighton will advance to the Sweet 16. 

Hopefully FDU can win em another one tonight. 

Welp good run for FDU. FAU to the Sweet 16. 

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

This is going to be one of those years a non traditional team wins the championship. Texas, Alabama Arkansas, Tennessee imo will win the whole tournament.

UofH or Gonzaga in my opinion. I've had UofH winning the whole thing since early in the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

K-State/Michigan State a good game to watch.  K-State looks like they might be able to control things, then here comes Sparty in transition or 3 to keep it close.  Then the Wildcats go down and score again.

Arkie's run ends with UConn.....they are not disciplined enough and don't play together like they could.  They have talent, but seem to work awful hard every game to win......like they are working against themselves.

Sparty is the better rebounding team, but K-State better finding the open man and running plays.  Sparty can hang shooting the 3, but the Wildcats will force and impose themselves to get fouls.

Uh-oh......K-State's Mr. Everything Lowell went down and is grabbing his ankle.  IF he has to sit.....there goes the ball game for the Wildcats.

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Arkie's run ends with UConn.....they are not disciplined enough and don't play together like they could.  They have talent, but seem to work awful hard every game to win......like they are working against themselves.

How many games of Arkansas have you watched this season? Just asking, a bit curious. 

Uh-oh......K-State's Mr. Everything Lowell went down and is grabbing his ankle.  IF he has to sit.....there goes the ball game for the Wildcats.

Nowell?? 

13 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Nowell?? 

Yeah......the little guy.....Nowell....Lowell.....whatever.  He's the juice that makes the Wildcats what they are.

13 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

How many games of Arkansas have you watched this season? Just asking, a bit curious. 

Maybe 4 or 5 that were televised.  They ain't hittin' on offense.....I know they are good and can score quickly, but they have to hit.

Maybe 4 that were televised.  They ain't hittin' on offense.....I know they are good and can score quickly, but they have to hit.

Their defense is the major problem tonight along with rebounding and turnovers. 

Nowell back in, but he's definitely favoring that ankle. 

And then hits a circus shot. Lawd. Lol 

Edited by MrBuddyGarrity

UConn leading by 17 at the half shooting 64%.  Arkie HAS to play totally different in the 2nd half to close the margin, make those 3's and get some turnovers......or it's over.  17 is a huge number to overcome against quality teams.

Sparty is very very good from outside the arc.....which allows them to open up the middle to keep the Wildcats at bay.

I don't know what Sparty is shooting from the outside, but the percentage is up there.

The last 3 min. will be an eternity in this K-State/Sparty tilt.  

The movement of the Wildcat offense just froze......forcing Nowell to take a very long 3 that was missed and easily rebounded by Sparty for the last possession.  2 point game.....K-State up.

Sparty drives and makes the easy 2 uncontested to tie it up with 5 secs. left.  Nowell takes it the distance for the winner but misses at the rim......OVERTIME!!

Meanwhile.....back at UConn it's getting YUGLY!!  62-33 and not close.

K-State needs more offense besides Nowell.  They are playing shell-shocked now.....not moving enough.

Sparty looks impressive......may or may not win but looks very formidable.

WHOAH and WOW......K-State wins it!!     Big Flub by Sparty at the last possession.  

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Bipolar to the nth degree......undisciplined and it shows bigtime.  Can't hit the 3 and gave up trying. Very scrappy, but not fine-tuned at all.  Good enough to win, but not good enough to be their best.

I definitely wouldn't call them undisciplined overall. Now in certain games yes. Mind you I've watched pretty much every game this season. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

Tennessee and FAU.......I got Tennessee and Rick Barnes in this one......although FAU is very impressive.

FAU showing their athleticism early......but having trouble converting.  They will loosen it up as the game progresses, but so will Tennessee.  Supposedly the Vols have a great defense, but we shall see.  Fundamentally, I think Tennessee will grind out the win without looking the part.