Entire State of Texas

GNR

Not stepping on anyone toes, I know this site is mainly an East Texas forum with some other areas sprinkled in.  But is there a Texas HS Football forum that covers the entire state?  Again not looking to offend anyone.  This is an awesome site!  Don't have to post it on here, DMing me is fine too.  Thank you.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, GNR said:

Not stepping on anyone toes, I know this site is mainly an East Texas forum with some other areas sprinkled in.  But is there a Texas HS Football forum that covers the entire state?  Again not looking to offend anyone.  This is an awesome site!  Don't have to post it on here, DMing me is fine too.  Thank you.

I don't know ....I do know that we cover a large area of the state .......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

None that have lasted like Smoaky.  Facebook has taken the brunt of the chat and the Texas Football App.  But this is still the purest forum in my opinion.

I agree 100%, this site is solid!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNR said:

I agree 100%, this site is solid!

If there's an area or school you want covered, you be the source......lol ....if it wasn't for yours truly no one would ever hear a word about Colmesneil, West Hardin, or other Tyler and Hardin County schools.......:rofl:

• Like 3

There a few out there but non as trafficked and updated like the loyal here.  The other one that is close is the south east Texas one but after that it's few and far between. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beastx89 said:

There used to be a pretty active Centex football forum back around 2005-12ish. Last I checked its pretty though. Smoaky is easily the best forum running that I've found.

We cover Centex extensively on here with many members from that area updating the forum.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

If there's an area or school you want covered, you be the source......lol ....if it wasn't for yours truly no one would ever hear a word about Colmesneil, West Hardin, or other Tyler and Hardin County schools.......:rofl:

Agreed. 

The best way to get more discussion about [INSERT YOUR TEAM/REGION HERE] is to be the main instigator. Just get in the pool and start splashing around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Or dive right off the deep end like @KirtFalcon......:rofl:

Lol, well I gotta say, trolling is a highly effective way to get some active threads.  ;) 

Maybe I want to see more posts about West Texas ball. First thing I'd do is to take an aggressive position on someone in the region. It can be anyone. And the more outrageous the better. Doesn't matter if you don't know squat about it. Just be emphatic and ridiculous. 

Create a thread with the title "Ain't nobody in WTX can hang with Wylie!" In your first post talk all kinds of smack about how you own El Paso and Colleyville, brag about how bad you blew out Lubbock and that you heard Stephenville is chasing after move-ins. 

Once those topics and comments hit the Google machine, look out. You'll have mommas, daddies, has-beens, and fanboys tripping over themselves to prove you wrong. 

• LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, Doomer said:

Has anyone ever been out of the pineywoods except to go to ATT? I haven't except I went to Canton trades day.

Been all over........visited 22 other states......Mexico, Canada.....lol ....back on topic, i hope SDC does begin to bring in folks from West and South Texas.........

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

i hope SDC does begin to bring in folks from West and South Texas.........

Someone needs to start a thread that picks a fight...  Which football is better: NETX or or SETX?  :woot:

• LOL! 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Someone needs to start a thread that picks a fight...  Which football is better: NETX or or SETX?  :woot:

We already HAVE SETX folks....that thread pops up every August....lol .....I meant from the Valley.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Been all over........visited 22 other states......Mexico, Canada.....lol ....back on topic, i hope SDC does begin to bring in folks from West and South Texas.........

W🤯w. So there's a west Texas AND a south Texas?

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

W🤯w. So there's a west Texas AND a south Texas?

Yeah...  draw a line from Wichita Falls down to Del Rio. Everything left of that is West Texas. The whole population could probably fit into a Dallas suburb. 

Then draw a line from Del Rio to Galveston. Everything below that is South Texas. Most tend to forget it even exists unless they're debating immigration. 

Note: despite being further north than most of North Texas and further west than parts of West Texas, the Panhandle is its own thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Doomer said:

Has anyone ever been out of the pineywoods except to go to ATT? I haven't except I went to Canton trades day.

My wife drug me to Canton one time. Next time I go I’ll be wearing a toe tag cuz I’ll be dead. Lol

• LOL! 4

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

That would be a waste of time because everyone knows NETX football is better.  The fact that Smoaky has lasted so long shows the passion people in East Texas have for football.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I try to keep Centex Schools updated on here as much as possible. Mostly Franklin but I will do updates on surrounding school.

I bet we get to update our regions again this year.  Looking forward to seeing the Brock/Franklin rematch.  Although we did lose one of our best players this past week.  All-state safety/RB Watkins transferred to All Saints.

1 hour ago, GoBigBlue said:

I bet we get to update our regions again this year.  Looking forward to seeing the Brock/Franklin rematch.  Although we did lose one of our best players this past week.  All-state safety/RB Watkins transferred to All Saints.

Crazy that he transferred out. Yall bring back a ton from last year

Edited by lionpride08