Entire State of Texas

GNR

14 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

There used to be a pretty good small school board that covered the 2A and 1A teams with most of there posts/coverage centered around the west Texas teams. 1ATexasfootball.com I think was the address.

https://www.2atexasfootball.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1

I think this is the one that used to be 1A; name changed when classifications changed to include 6 man as 1A.  I was pretty active on there when my boys were in school.  They seemed to have some representation from most parts of the state, and a decent group discussing centex ball, but all small school content tho.  Now I'm just an occasional reader, and even rarer poster/contributor.  That 2A site seems to have shrinking participation compared to back in the day.  Seems to me this site has the highest participation numbers.

5 hours ago, Bonecrushr said:

https://www.2atexasfootball.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1

I think this is the one that used to be 1A; name changed when classifications changed to include 6 man as 1A.  I was pretty active on there when my boys were in school.  They seemed to have some representation from most parts of the state, and a decent group discussing centex ball, but all small school content tho.  Now I'm just an occasional reader, and even rarer poster/contributor.  That 2A site seems to have shrinking participation compared to back in the day.  Seems to me this site has the highest participation numbers.

I am the same...when we were at a small school I was on there a lot...met some great people from the West Tx area. 

There used to be this website called The Old Coach and it was marvelous. I learned stories about how young assistant coaches had the worst partially torn MCL doctors had ever seen, to reading the musings of Willy Wonka, to hearing the latest scuttle butt on jobs, programs, and anything else. 

Those that have been around a while know what I’m talking about. 

43 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

There used to be this website called The Old Coach and it was marvelous. I learned stories about how young assistant coaches had the worst partially torn MCL doctors had ever seen, to reading the musings of Willy Wonka, to hearing the latest scuttle butt on jobs, programs, and anything else. 

Definitely..... Was a member until it got all screwed up and then wanted to charge for membership.....and instead of banning troublemakers, they allowed them to remain and to ruin the site for everyone else......we get rid of folks who try that over here........

45 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Definitely..... Was a member until it got all screwed up and then wanted to charge for membership.....and instead of banning troublemakers, they allowed them to remain and to ruin the site for everyone else......we get rid of folks who try that over here........

It got extremely frustrating there at the end. 

Not worried about West Texas in general, just the movement across the state on jobs and such.  Im actually a Central Texas person by birth, but have moved around the state in the coaching world.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:23 AM, Beastx89 said:

There used to be a pretty active Centex football forum back around 2005-12ish. Last I checked its pretty though. Smoaky is easily the best forum running that I've found.

Central Texas has absorbed into SDC since David moved to Waco and started doing radio in that area.  

The Dallas Morning News had a big discussion/chat area for a while for DFW schools that folded when everything went behind a paywall.  

Out here, west of Fort Worth, we have nothing but the football friday app, but it was a cesspool of Bubba and Johnny making fun of the guy with the cheapest smoker.  

• Like 3

On 3/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, nationalpastime said:

The Old Coach was the gold standard for years. It was called The Pig 🐖 by moat everyone  ... I was on that site for years before it went tits up .... someone tried to resurrect it as mostly a coaches site/forum  .... I lost track 👣 of it and don't know the status of it now  ....

On 3/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, nationalpastime said:

Willy Wonka was like Doomer on crack!!   The guy was hilarious!!

• Love 1
  • LOL! 1