The "new" SEC in football...

Actually I like it more.  Of course you have some schools that are left out aka Tennessee vs Kentucky.  Vandy vs Kentucky to a lesser extent , Arkansas vs Lsu , but traditionally games stay and you get away from the dumb permanent ones . Aka A&M vs South Carolina. Playing nine conference games and seeing your team playing every sec team in a four year cycle is ideal.

7 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Actually I like it more.  Of course you have some schools that are left out aka Tennessee vs Kentucky.  Vandy vs Kentucky to a lesser extent , Arkansas vs Lsu , but traditionally games stay and you get away from the dumb permanent ones . Aka A&M vs South Carolina. Playing nine conference games and seeing your team playing every sec team in a four year cycle is ideal.

Anything that doesn’t have Texas squaring off with OU, aTm and Arkansas every year is just dumb.  There’s one pod for you. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Anything that doesn’t have Texas squaring off with OU, aTm and Arkansas every year is just dumb.  There’s one pod for you. 

With so many teams you can’t please everyone. I believe everyone got a “ fair “ chance. LSU vs Arkansas Kentucky vs Tennessee , A&M vs Arkansas are a few games that surely will be missed. 

Also a few that was kinda hoping with the new additions. 

Lsu vs Oklahoma 

Texas Vs Lsu 

Arkansas vs Ou 

5 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

With so many teams you can’t please everyone. I believe everyone got a “ fair “ chance. LSU vs Arkansas Kentucky vs Tennessee , A&M vs Arkansas are a few games that surely will be missed. 

Also a few that was kinda hoping with the new additions. 

Lsu vs Oklahoma 

Texas Vs Lsu 

Arkansas vs Ou 

If you don’t want the Aggies playing Texas every year just say so

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

If you don’t want the Aggies playing Texas every year just say so

Personally I don’t care. A&M been good without Texas. Texas needed it more cause that why they chased A&M to beat conference lol. Recruiting wasn’t an issue nor was $$$. Aggies having the advantage was what happened here. You trying to make this a A&M thing is irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Personally I don’t care. A&M been good without Texas. Texas needed it more cause that why they chased A&M to beat conference lol. Recruiting wasn’t an issue nor was $$$. Aggies having the advantage was what happened here. You trying to make this a A&M thing is irrelevant. 

Are you saying they’ve been a good program without playing Texas or they’re mentally fine without playing?  Just trying to get clarification on what you mean.  

Texas needs the aTm game more?  Lol they have one of the most viewed rivalry games annually.  If anybody needs the series starting back up it’s the college football fans as a whole.  

Are you saying they’ve been a good program without playing Texas or they’re mentally fine without playing?  Just trying to get clarification on what you mean.  

Texas needs the aTm game more?  Lol they have one of the most viewed rivalry games annually.  If anybody needs the series starting back up it’s the college football fans as a whole.  

Yep these past ten years or so have been the best state of the program. A&M didn’t miss a beat while Texas obviously needed a boost in the schedule. Texas is doing just fine but getting into the sec will enhance their brand tremendously. It one of the main reasons why they joined. Texas was already making $$$ and had an easier path to the national championship. This isn’t a knock just smart economics. 

For the record A&M plays in big games that are watched. 

Texas really just had Red river Rivalry and that because it’s between two blue bloods. 

Edited by Mojo1000

11 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Wish the Big 12 would do some alignment agreement in Non conference. Big12 vs Sec challenge would make from some decent matchups. 

I would not mind playing our old Big 8 opponents every once in awhile.

The new guys and remaining TX schools can kick rocks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would not mind playing our old Big 8 opponents every once in awhile.

The new guys and remaining TX schools can kick rocks.

I see what you’re saying but with Texas going to the sec I believe they’re allowed to schedule A&M now lol. As for Oklahoma hopefully they can play state a few years from now.

58 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Yep these past ten years or so have been the best state of the program. A&M didn’t miss a beat while Texas obviously needed a boost in the schedule. Texas is doing just fine but getting into the sec will enhance their brand tremendously. It one of the main reasons why they joined. Texas was already making $$$ and had an easier path to the national championship. This isn’t a knock just smart economics. 

For the record A&M plays in big games that are watched. 

Texas really just had Red river Rivalry and that because it’s between two blue bloods. 

The last 10 years…..you fired a coach for poor record, the guy that was “money whipped” away from his struggling program has matched the record the prior coach was fired for.  So you are correct in saying that aTm never missed a beat in their quest for mediocrity.  

Enhance the brand for Texas?  Texas already is the top brand for revenue even during a stretch where they’ve had aTm like results in their football program.  I don’t think you want to discuss viewership either.  Edit….just looked and the only times this past season that aTm had higher viewership was when they played Bama and LSU.  Two widely watched programs.

Edited by DB2point0

The last 10 years…..you fired a coach for poor record, the guy that was “money whipped” away from his struggling program has matched the record the prior coach was fired for.  So you are correct in saying that aTm never missed a beat in their quest for mediocrity.  

Enhance the brand for Texas?  Texas already is the top brand for revenue even during a stretch where they’ve had aTm like results in their football program.  I don’t think you want to discuss viewership either.  Edit….just looked and the only times this past season that aTm had higher viewership was when they played Bama and LSU.  Two widely watched programs.

Your bias is showing. I can see why wet and Johnny do not deal with you. Carry on Aggy gone Aggy Hooken for life . However you say it.

2 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Your bias is showing. I can see why wet and Johnny do not deal with you. Carry on Aggy gone Aggy Hooken for life . However you say it.

Bias?  Lol I wasn’t the one bragging on perennial mediocrity(regardless of conference)….  

• Love 1

On 3/6/2023 at 7:51 AM, Mojo1000 said:

Is that "Drunk"? Let me have a few more so I can understand what you are saying.

Can anyone explain to me why OU & Florida should be a rivalry? I would think previous matchups would be sufficient. OU vs Mizzou would be much more logical considering geography and previous affiliation.

10 hours ago, Baron said:

Can anyone explain to me why OU & Florida should be a rivalry? I would think previous matchups would be sufficient. OU vs Mizzou would be much more logical considering geography and previous affiliation.

With multiple teams you’re likely to have some head scratchers. LSU vs Florida technically didn’t make sense but was actually a good game.

On 3/6/2023 at 1:40 AM, Mojo1000 said:

Wish the Big 12 would do some alignment agreement in Non conference. Big12 vs Sec challenge would make from some decent matchups. 

@Baron reasoning? Sole reason why the Aggies and mizzou really wasn’t interested? Would rather watch Oklahoma st vs Mississippi than Texas vs Rice . 

12 hours ago, Baron said:

Because Oklahoma only has one rival in the conference so why not at least make a cool match up. 

Everything that I have seen has Missouri as one of Oklahoma’s 3 anyways.

• Like 1