Libertarian Party has the right idea.

Youngcoach123

17 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

Libertarians are old school Republicans.  The Republican party needs to adopt their ideas and join the fold

Exactly but voting for them kinda cancels/splits  your vote and leads the democrats an opening.  I hope Trump doesn’t run as a third party if he doesn’t get the nomination. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Exactly but voting for them kinda cancels/splits  your vote and leads the democrats an opening.  I hope Trump doesn’t run as a third party if he doesn’t get the nomination. 

He might. He's threatened to before. And all it would really take would be for him to win the Electoral Votes in a few key states to keep either major party candidate from reaching 270 Electoral Votes. At that point, it goes to the House. Which would have a majority of Republican delegates. Which would mean that there would be votes in the House to determine who the President would be.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle on some things

we do need Homeland security only to coordinate government response

we do need a Federal police force of some type, but limited

we do need a spy service to learn of threats outside our country

Other than that, I pretty much agree 

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Y'all are late to the party.....go read my posts for the last 20 years.......:beavis:

I am helping conservatives see that there are better options.  I would love to see Libertarians run in Republican primaries with these talking points instead of forming their own party.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Olduy said:

FBI should only be there to investigate federal issues, improve on policing research on a national scale, investigate real crime on our country...  Not the crap they are being used for now.

Homeland security didn't really exist, or play a significant role until 9/11.  Now they are literally a government tool to invade normal American privacy.  When was the last actual threat that we have had to destroy American government?  And don't say Jan 6th.  Those were a bunch of vandals causing havoc but not even attempting to take over government.  

Department of Defense is kind of needed.  I mean, it is for the "Defense of our country."  However, its been used to fight wars unrelated to our safety and take whatever rewards we like because "we helped."  

Simply put, our government agencies have too broad of a role that they can play within our country that oversteps too many constitutional and state rights of the American people.

DOD should be protecting our borders and squashing the drug cartels invading out country with drugs and human trafficking  ...  there should be an impenetrable wall protecting our borders .... from illegal foreign invaders .... this has NOTHING to do with immigration .....

7 hours ago, Olduy said:

I would rather do away with all of it rather than what we have if it was a binary choice. No gov program or entity stays small or limited. So I’d rather do without.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Olduy said:

We already have a Federal Police force.  They're called U.S. Marshalls, the F.B.I., ATF, DEA, DHS, Postal Inspection Service, the Secret Service, and now the IRS. We have the CIA as our "spy service".  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

We already have a Federal Police force.  They're called U.S. Marshalls, the F.B.I., ATF, DEA, DHS, Postal Inspection Service, the Secret Service, and now the IRS. We have the CIA as our "spy service".  

None of those corrupt agencies are doing a thing about securing our borders or stopping the drug and human trafficking ... they are also mismanaged, misguided, under manned and hopelessly out gunned ....

56 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

None of those corrupt agencies are doing a thing about securing our borders or stopping the drug and human trafficking ... they are also mismanaged, misguided, under manned and hopelessly out gunned ....

What’s your proposal for fixing it? Sending them to the border doesn’t seem like it would work, do you think it will?

14 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

What’s your proposal for fixing it? Sending them to the border doesn’t seem like it would work, do you think it will?

I have laid out my solution multiple times in this forum ... the only feasible solution is to use our active duty military to secure our borders and stop the drug and human trafficking .... plain and simple ....