Whitewright Open

GoodOleBoy73

On 3/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, GraysonFan said:

Wow, must have been something happen.  I know their record wasn’t good this season but he’s been a pretty good coach, not sure WW can get anyone as good as him.

Nothing happened. School board just decided it was time for a change.

17 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

Maybe they will hire Tyrone Swoopes.  He’s an asst right down the road at Tom Bean and maybe he wants to get away from that mess.

At this point are you CERTAIN that TB is a bigger mess than WW? There is a reason you have that big of a drop in district numbers in a short time. Every district in that area has increasing numbers. Why not WW? When kids leave, are any of them going from WW to TB? If you know and can't post on the site I respect that. Don't want any slander on here. But there is a reason things happen when talking about large shifts in attendance in school districts.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

The ole' "we want to go in another direction" speech...unfortunately it usually it ends up being the wrong direction!!!

So right!!! Same as “ you’re just not a good fit here” and “we need someone with a little more vigor” when a board member decides he doesn’t like an individual coach. And on and on and on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

At this point are you CERTAIN that TB is a bigger mess than WW? There is a reason you have that big of a drop in district numbers in a short time. Every district in that area has increasing numbers. Why not WW? When kids leave, are any of them going from WW to TB? If you know and can't post on the site I respect that. Don't want any slander on here. But there is a reason things happen when talking about large shifts in attendance in school districts.  

I think some did go to TB no?  Weren’t they caught recruiting and got out on UIL probation and no playoffs for a year or two?  That’s what I was referring to as a mess, heard it’s caused some problems there with parents of kids that have been going there.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

They did a review of applicants at their regular board meeting last week.

Their next meeting isn't until the 17th, so it will take a special meeting to do it before then.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t WW known as a baseball school? If so then, nuff said.

6 hours ago, Destry said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t WW known as a baseball school? If so then, nuff said.

I wouldn't say they are specifically known for a single sport. They have pockets of success for a couple years in certain sports but there isn't one that is their main sport.

11 hours ago, bradbankman said:

Jason, can a guy win there like lipsey or is the talent way way off. If so why didn’t they keep Wiggins 

School board wants to go with someone else over superintendent's recommendation. They've been making the playoffs -- three of four years, didn't make it 2020 because of COVID, they had to forfeit their last game that if they won would have made it 4 of 4. The biggest thing has been lack of continuity. Since Lipsey left, the head coach totals have gone:

1 year

2 years

2 years

2 years

2 years

2 years

4 years (Wiggins)

And in their history, Lipsey is the only guy to get to a fifth season since Charlie Seesom's first stint from 1970-76. 

The new coach will be the 20th stint -- two guys came back -- in 46 seasons

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

School board wants to go with someone else over superintendent's recommendation. They've been making the playoffs -- three of four years, didn't make it 2020 because of COVID, they had to forfeit their last game that if they won would have made it 4 of 4. The biggest thing has been lack of continuity. Since Lipsey left, the head coach totals have gone:

1 year

2 years

2 years

2 years

2 years

2 years

4 years (Wiggins)

And in their history, Lipsey is the only guy to get to a fifth season since Charlie Seesom's first stint from 1970-76. 

The new coach will be the 20th stint -- two guys came back -- in 46 seasons

School Board going against the Supt recommendation?

Nervous GIFs | Tenor

6 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

After coaching for thirty years I can safely say that there is at least one ABSOLUTELY sure thing on planet Earth.    That being when a School Board decides to "go in a different direction" they are clueless that could go in two DIFFERENT directions.

Also, you never know what a school board may do when it gets behind closed doors. I got the trash can of going totally opposite of what the superintendent recommended. After, he said”I don’t know what to say “ and apologized.