I'm told some of the candidates

HC from Oklahoma

3 DFW Assistants

Former HC in Permian Basin

East Texas OC

Central TX DC

Former HC in Victoria area

Internal candidate

Love the internal candidate candidate in situations like these. We want to go "in another direction" from the current guy in charge, you know, the one who hired this guy for his staff and been a part of what has transpired recently, so we'll totally considering hiring that guy to replace him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Love the internal candidate candidate in situations like these. We want to go "in another direction" from the current guy in charge, you know, the one who hired this guy for his staff and been a part of what has transpired recently, so we'll totally considering hiring that guy to replace him.

If an internal guy has to go through the interview process then he isn’t a real candidate.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If an internal guy has to go through the interview process then he isn’t a real candidate.

Not necessarily, sometimes districts conducts a robust interview process to satsify constituents and then go back and hire the internal guy....Round Rock, Taylor, Arlington Martin, Del Valle, Saginaw Boswell, Medina Valley, Richmond Foster, Bonham and Bowie are a few examples of schools who did a full interview process and then went with the internal guy

1 hour ago, bradbankman said:

Interesting to see what happens. Any info on what schools they are from?

Yes I'd say there's a couple of really good programs in there and a couple middle of the road programs mixed in

40 minutes ago, bradbankman said:

Just noticed the out of state coach, no validity I’m sure?

Considering Whitewright's location I dont think a coach from Oklahoma could be ruled out at all...lots of guys from Oklahoma have come across to TX and had a ton of success

On 4/5/2023 at 5:28 PM, Destry said:

Also, you never know what a school board may do when it gets behind closed doors. I got the trash can of going totally opposite of what the superintendent recommended. After, he said”I don’t know what to say “ and apologized.

I hear you.  I could write a book on BS moves Boards have made behind closed doors that they think nobody will ever find out about.  LOL

• Like 1

I think Whitewright is struggling from the same issues that a lot of smaller towns in ETX are struggling from. Migration to bigger cities from the younger population. My father coached at WW in the early 2000s when they were making deep runs under Coach Stringer. Over the last few years I’ve seen the slow decline in the talent pool at WW. No longer are the same families that once lived there for generations living there anymore. Lots of kids have migrated to Denison/Sherman etc. For example, one of the top DEs in Oklahoma at Durant HS. His mother is a WW grad and she moved him to Sherman before ultimately landing in Durant. Many more cases of kids like that. 

24 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I think Whitewright is struggling from the same issues that a lot of smaller towns in ETX are struggling from. Migration to bigger cities from the younger population. My father coached at WW in the early 2000s when they were making deep runs under Coach Stringer. Over the last few years I’ve seen the slow decline in the talent pool at WW. No longer are the same families that once lived there for generations living there anymore. Lots of kids have migrated to Denison/Sherman etc. For example, one of the top DEs in Oklahoma at Durant HS. His mother is a WW grad and she moved him to Sherman before ultimately landing in Durant. Many more cases of kids like that. 

He was actually at Denison for two years, then went to Sherman and when he couldn't get eligible, went up to Durant

WW still has talent.  They have more than one senior this past season that has signed collegiate scholarships.  Their problem was they recently got out of 3A-II and a district with teams like Gunter, Bells, and Leonard that they had not shot of competing with.  I think they will be fine if they said in 2A-I this next realignment and hire a decent coach.  They are in a pretty weak district.