UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Clayton George

MattStepp

Usually a coach that successful at a 3A level can get a HC job at a better school.  Surprised he's not moving up the ladder with a new HC job.

I'm guessing MV will be down for a few years.  Probably getting out and moving to a 6A coordinator job is better for his resume than staying at MV for another year.

That's obviously speculation on my part.  I have no idea what MV has coming back next year.  

3 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

The cupboard is not completely empty in MV - Will return most of the Defense including 2x all state Morris - A significant portion of the Offense will return -QB will be the only question mark - but that’s a BIG question 

Y’all are losing your all-world QB and RB. The cupboard may not be bare but there will definitely be a drop off. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

The cupboard is not completely empty in MV - Will return most of the Defense including 2x all state Morris - A significant portion of the Offense will return -QB will be the only question mark - but that’s a BIG question 

What are the odds yall look to get back under center? When the QB went down it was apparent the offense had no answer even with talented backs. 

48 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

You Sir definitely have a problem with the forward pass.

Now that’s funny! No problem with the pass, 8-12 times a game instead of 48-60 times a game. Just remember- any forward pass is better than a backward pass. 😂

3 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Anyone on staff to be considered? or will this be a total rebuild ?

MV has a good coaching staff in place- a few would be good choices, one of them would be outstanding in my mind if he doesn’t travel with Willard- One potential candidate that has been quietly thrown about doesn’t excite me at All- but several MV alums are head coaches elsewhere in central TX and deep East Tx as well as coordinators at much larger schools in the DFW area are possible- one thing MV has done well with has been HC’s ( Willard , Briles, Finney, Alexander( now HC at Grapevine), Meeks (RIP)) hopefully they get another good one!  I don’t think coaching in MV has been the issue in the past- I just wish someone would stick around more than a year or three- but unfortunately that may just be the way it is now 

Edited by mvtigerbacker
  • Like 1