UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Clayton George

MattStepp

21 hours ago, mvtigerbacker said:

MV has a good coaching staff in place- a few would be good choices, one of them would be outstanding in my mind if he doesn’t travel with Willard- One potential candidate that has been quietly thrown about doesn’t excite me at All- but several MV alums are head coaches elsewhere in central TX and deep East Tx as well as coordinators at much larger schools in the DFW area are possible- one thing MV has done well with has been HC’s ( Willard , Briles, Finney, Alexander( now HC at Grapevine), Meeks (RIP)) hopefully they get another good one!  I don’t think coaching in MV has been the issue in the past- I just wish someone would stick around more than a year or three- but unfortunately that may just be the way it is now 

Definitely some high quality assistants on that staff. I believe there were still several leftover that came with Briles. Would actually be surprised if they stayed around but i also said the same thing about Willard. Lets be clear, they wont be able to replace McGill but they will still have some very talented kids. We cant forget that McGill didnt even play on the offensive side of the ball at the varsity level until his junior year. Dont be surprised to see one of the talented defensive players get their opportunity next year along with #10 who was just a freshman last year. Will be curious to see this one play out. Based on the current Supts knack for wanting to make a splash and garnering alot of attention, dont be shocked if the candidate ends up being "out of the box"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

I believe that old well is running dry in Mt.V. The glory days have come and gone. Winny will dominate the district for the next 3+ years. 

MV can still have a good solid team, you are right, Winny will be more talented than everyone in the district except for the school you have apparently forgotten about.  Pottsboro will be the most talented team in the district for the foreseeable future, also, in the MV/Winny rivalry, the most talented team does not always win!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fourtwofive said:

MV can still have a good solid team, you are right, Winny will be more talented than everyone in the district except for the school you have apparently forgotten about.  Pottsboro will be the most talented team in the district for the foreseeable future, also, in the MV/Winny rivalry, the most talented team does not always win!

Pottsboro will have one of the top 3 players in the district next year thats for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also just read a press release that MV put out yesterday about another proposed bond to be voted on in May at the cost of $63.9 million. Will be interested to see how it goes over considering how the $52.3 million proposal was received just one year ago.

8 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Also just read a press release that MV put out yesterday about another proposed bond to be voted on in May at the cost of $63.9 million. Will be interested to see how it goes over considering how the $52.3 million proposal was received just one year ago.

If they call for a bond every year, they will eventually get it passed.  I know of a local district who kept at it and wore people down.  It finally got passed.  Not saying they didn't need it.  But the yays  can outlast the nays in most cases.

7 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

If they call for a bond every year, they will eventually get it passed.  I know of a local district who kept at it and wore people down.  It finally got passed.  Not saying they didn't need it.  But the yays  can outlast the nays in most cases.

I think its going to be more along the lines of the increase in the total amount that people wont go for. If they didnt like it last year, they sure wont like it this year when its $11.6 million more.