Questions for all you slaps that have cut the DISH, DIRECTV, CABLE cord

KirtFalcon

Yes, I'm still with Dish ... for the past 20+ years. I absolutely love the Hopper to record multiple programs at once. I probably record 90% of everything I watch ... until recently, my internet options were not very good. I use my AT&T phone as a mobile Hotspot and it works pretty good and I have an unlimited data plan ... TMobile is offering 5G unlimited home internet plan with no data limit and they don't reduce your speed after you use a certain amount of data ... some of my neighbors have it and they say it works great ... it's $50 a month ... I'm waiting for them to tell me when I can get on it ...

Now ... the questions I have for you tech savvy "streamers" ... what/how do you record shows? What the best streaming apps free or subscription?  Need some advise especially on the recording options.

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

• KirtFalcon changed the title to Questions for all you slaps that have cut the DISH, DIRECTV, CABLE cord
20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, I'm still with Dish ... for the past 20+ years. I absolutely love the Hopper to record multiple programs at once. I probably record 90% of everything I watch ... until recently, my internet options were not very good. I use my AT&T phone as a mobile Hotspot and it works pretty good and I have an unlimited data plan ... TMobile is offering 5G unlimited home internet plan with no data limit and they don't reduce your speed after you use a certain amount of data ... some of my neighbors have it and they say it works great ... it's $50 a month ... I'm waiting for them to tell me when I can get on it ...

Now ... the questions I have for you tech savvy "streamers" ... what/how do you record shows? What the best streaming apps free or subscription?  Need some advise especially on the recording options.

On Hulu you just set the shows you want to record......but you don't really need to do anything because you can watch any show on demand........

Sling TV is pretty good and it's only $40 a month.  Fubo is also good but mainly for sports.  It's a little higher though.  $75 a month I think.  Typically we just have Netflix, Hulu, Paramount, HBO and Peacock.  That's more than enough for us.  Only signed up for Sling to watch March Madness and Fubo during football season so my son can watch the Cowboys (I'm so ashamed).  

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:12 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I watch most of my movies on Tubi on my PC.  Football games are the hardest to find, but a free game can be found on the web.  Most networks carry their programming on their websites, but some you do have to pay a subscription fee to.  Nothing on mainstream TV that I want to watch.