Dreaded March Board Meetings

Destry

Also first hand-- I was non renewed and the AD had no idea it was happening (or me either). In fact we had talked about my schedule for the next year the day before. The lying assistant supe told the board I didn't want to come back so the board non-renewed me. One of the other teachers that happened to see the list of non-renewed employees saw it and asked me about it the next morning!!! I went straight to the AD and they still had not told him anything about it!! He went straight to the Supe and they got it fixed but needless to say I was shocked that it could happen!! The following year they basically did the same thing to the AD!! It has been a dumpster fire for the last several years and I completely understand why!!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Also first hand-- I was non renewed and the AD had no idea it was happening (or me either). In fact we had talked about my schedule for the next year the day before. The lying assistant supe told the board I didn't want to come back so the board non-renewed me. One of the other teachers that happened to see the list of non-renewed employees saw it and asked me about it the next morning!!! I went straight to the AD and they still had not told him anything about it!! He went straight to the Supe and they got it fixed but needless to say I was shocked that it could happen!! The following year they basically did the same thing to the AD!! It has been a dumpster fire for the last several years and I completely understand why!!!! 

Sounds like you ain’t too Blessed Daily to be working where you do.  There are a lot of better places you could be working.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:45 PM, BuckNut said:

Sounds like you ain’t too Blessed Daily to be working where you do.  There are a lot of better places you could be working.

LOL!! That was 5 years ago and I was definitely blessed to find out I could retire at the end of that semester and definitely left that place!! Unfortunately it is still a dumpster fire!! The sad part is the kids are hard working, great kids but the board has absolutely destroyed it. 

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

LOL!! That was 5 years ago and I was definitely blessed to find out I could retire at the end of that semester and definitely left that place!! Unfortunately it is still a dumpster fire!! The sad part is the kids are hard working, great kids but the board has absolutely destroyed it. 

I want to play a game where we all try and guess the school district based on what you have said, but I don't want to go back to smoaky jail 🤣

That may open Pandora's box 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

I want to play a game where we all try and guess the school district based on what you have said, but I don't want to go back to smoaky jail 🤣

Smoaky admins be like:

Game Over Halloween GIF by SportsManias

• LOL! 3

19 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

I would suggest ignoring the challenge........we are needing inmates.........

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:07 PM, Destry said:

The meeting were some of the craziest things happen in regard to teacher and coach reassignments. Shouldn’t happen but does every year.

yep, AD contracts in march, teachers late this month or next month, teacher's have been getting pushed back further and further since I started.  We havent been getting contracts til late april/early may the past few years.  With the shortage getting worse, this will be an interesting year.

It is really hard to plan the way they have been pushing it.  When I first started it was late march early april when you knew.  Now AD's are getting canned at those times and the rest of us are left scrambling.

• Like 1