San Fran Considers $5M Reparations

ObiOne

California once it joined the Union was a free state.  I realize that slavery was legal when Spain ruled, and that many slave owners would smuggle their slaves to work the fields in California.  However it was against the law for them to do so.  This is stupidity on all levels.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

What about the homeless people and drug addicts on the streets of SF? ... Oh, I see, only the black ones get the $5mil ... the rest can stay on the streets and beg ....

The do let them have free shopping sprees if it's less than $950.  If they are caught they're only given a slap on the hand, and told not to do it again basically.  

8 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Anyone know how much that would cost the city?  How is it funded?

Well, for what it's worth, Wikipedia says that as of the 2020 census, there are approximately 46,725 black citizens in San Francisco. So that comes to roughly $233,625,000,000.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm a dye my skin black and move to SF ... 

How many blacks from other states will flood to SF and swear up and down they have been there their whole life? ....

All they have to do is say they’re homeless and been there for 20+ years.  Then sue the piss out of the state if they don’t get their money 

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Not all would be eligible because there are eligibility requirements, but yes, it's absolutely insane.  They don't have the money to pay for it.

Yeah, I was just going for simplicity. But even if you take a third of that, it's still nearly $78 billion.

If I identify as a black person can I get a cut?????

Just kidding.

Black Americans have not received fair and equitable treatment in this country and no doubt that has harmed them financially...but I do not think handing someone $5,000,000 because of the color of their skin is the answer to closing the wealth gap either. I am not sure what the answer is. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Just kidding.

Black Americans have not received fair and equitable treatment in this country and no doubt that has harmed them financially...but I do not think handing someone $5,000,000 because of the color of their skin is the answer to closing the wealth gap either. I am not sure what the answer is. 

Have Asian Americans received fair and equitable treatment in this country?  Has this treatment harmed them financially?  What different treatment do Asian Americans receive that African Americans do not?

Edited by ObiOne
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Just kidding.

African Americans are treated with more grace and are given advantages no one else is.

There is nothing for black people to whine about in 2023.  Time to let it go, live our lives and everyone be responsible for their own decisions, quit blaming whites for everything wrong in your life.

Example of a black man who saw the advantages given to him because he is black; Fred Moses in Plano, TX.  Oncor Electric Delivery headquartered in Dallas, has minority spend goals for themselves every year as some sort of government benefits program.  Fred knew this and started a distributor business selling electric utility products to the largest utility in the state of Texas.

Fred and his family have been able to become wealthy, because he made wise decisions, began a business, took care of Oncor all while utilizing the built in advantage he has solely based on his skin color.  These are fantastic Christian people and we do a lot of business with them every year.

Be like Fred Moses not George Floyd.

https://www.tes85.com

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

2 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Have Asian Americans received fair and equitable treatment in this country?  Has this treatment harmed them financially?  What different treatment do Asian Americans receive that African Americans do not?

Business loans for hotels and donut shops 

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What facts did he use? 

48 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's just wrong on so many levels that I couldn't let it go unchallenged. Seriously??? 

You said it was wrong on so many levels and you couldn't let it go unchallenged.  How did you challenge....with your feelings?

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What facts did he use? 

Well, the real life example I gave where a man enriched he and his family’s lives by taking full advantage of our system, which caters to minorities.

The only way people do not accept that minorities are given special privileges white people are not is because they don’t want to.

I am not griping about it either.  Telecom Electric Supply having an advantage competing distributors do not has not hurt me, and Affirmative Action hasn’t hurt me.  AA did keep my father-in-law from getting a job years ago, but it didn’t deter his success in life either just moved on to the next opportunity.

Just be objective, look at the world for what it is.

The only reason blacks have problems with cops is because they’re doing stuff they shouldn’t and then resisting, I mean, act right and if you’re caught don’t try to flee from or fight the cops, it’s ignorant.

Just telling the truth.  We have to be brave enough to speak the truth or else we’ll just keep going around in this stupid circle.