Florida's Stop W.O.K.E. Act leads textbook company to strip mentions of race out of Rosa Parks story

BarryLaverty

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Jim Crow laws were enacted by Democrats.  You're so brainwashed that you can't even see straight if you believe that.  Republicans had nothing to do with it.  

He said conservatives, not Republicans. Dems were conservatives at the time.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

“ThE pARtiEs sWiTcHeD!!” Reeeeee!!! 
What complete nonsense.

Ok....so you're saying the democrats of Jim Crowe were the racist ones right?  They started the Klan and all right?

Edited by ctown81

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Ok....so you're saying the democrats of Jim Crowe were the racist ones right?  They started the Klan and all right?

I’m saying the parties never switched. Which is a 100% fairy tale. It’s easier to fool someone than to tell someone they have been fooled.

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m saying the parties never switched. Which is a 100% fairy tale. It’s easier to fool someone than to tell someone they have been fooled.

Johnson signs the Civil Rights Bill and pisses off democrats. Election before bill was signed in 1964 vs post bill signing 1968. Some of former democrats voted for wallace in 68 and then came over to Red the following election. I deal with facts.

522px-ElectoralCollege1964.svg.png

522px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Johnson signs the Civil Rights Bill and pisses off democrats. Election before bill was signed in 1964 vs post bill signing 1968. Some of former democrats voted for wallace in 68 and then came over to Red the following election. I deal with facts.

522px-ElectoralCollege1964.svg.png

522px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

Haha this is your big fact? The whole south voted dem or Wallace and this is your proof of party switch? Lol

“Nearly all of the opposition was, naturally, in the South, which was still nearly unanimously Democratic and nearly unanimously resistant to the changing country.  One thing that most assuredly didn't change, though, was party affiliation.  A total of 21 Democrats in the Senate opposed the Civil Rights Act.  Only one of them, "Dixiecrat" Strom Thurmond, ever became a Republican.  The rest, including Al Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd--a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan--remained Democrats until the day they died.“

one dem switched parties. 1! Some switch

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Haha this is your big fact? The whole south voted dem or Wallace and this is your proof of party switch? Lol

“Nearly all of the opposition was, naturally, in the South, which was still nearly unanimously Democratic and nearly unanimously resistant to the changing country.  One thing that most assuredly didn't change, though, was party affiliation.  A total of 21 Democrats in the Senate opposed the Civil Rights Act.  Only one of them, "Dixiecrat" Strom Thurmond, ever became a Republican.  The rest, including Al Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd--a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan--remained Democrats until the day they died.“

one dem switched parties. 1! Some switch

The democratic voters switched parties and like I've said many times here, that's when the ideology switched. Racist turned republican so the party catered to them. Not difficult 

That's why I showed the voting comparison.

Edited by ctown81

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

The democratic voters switched parties and like I've said many times here, that's when the ideology switched. Racist turned republican so the party catered to them. Not difficult 

That's why I showed the voting comparison.

Yea, nothing reflects any thing of the sort. Racist Dems stayed Dems til they died. No one switched parties. There is no proof ideologically that one side started “catering to racist” (which is ridiculous in the least).

the party switch is a complete lie fed to people to try to distance themselves from the absolute horrible policies and ideas that Dems have had in the past. Nothing more nothing less.

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yea, nothing reflects any thing of the sort. Racist Dems stayed Dems til they died. No one switched parties. There is no proof ideologically that one side started “catering to racist” (which is ridiculous in the least).

the party switch is a complete lie fed to people to try to distance themselves from the absolute horrible policies and ideas that Dems have had in the past. Nothing more nothing less.

They immediately left after Johnson signed the bill. Tx was the only state won by dems the following election because the voters left. Showed you proof, not just opinion. You're too far gone. 

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

They immediately left after Johnson signed the bill. Tx was the only state won by dems the following election because the voters left. Showed you proof, not just opinion. You're too far gone. 

So California, Oregon, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, Illinois, and Ohio all turned racist Republican?  The only reason that a Republican was voted for at that time was because everyone went racist?

You are looking at it as though one single issue is what everyone was voting for in that election.  It's flawed methodology at best, more likely an outright lie...

8 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

So California, Oregon, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, Illinois, and Ohio all turned racist Republican?  The only reason that a Republican was voted for at that time was because everyone went racist?

You are looking at it as though one single issue is what everyone was voting for in that election.  It's flawed methodology at best, more likely an outright lie...

YALL said the racist democratic party set up Jim Crow. Then the first time the party does something non racists by ending Jim Crow a bunch of whites switch parties. So non racist democrats got upset at the bill and joined the republican party? Can we just call this what it is? I'm coming with facts so can we at least fight facts with facts?

Hoover and Eisenhower winning southern states before the 60s is just a coincidence I guess. 20 out of the 21 southern Democrats that voted against CRA stayed Democrats until the end. Some party switch. Nixons southern strategy (lie) lost him the south in 68. The party switch never happened, end of discussion. 

Edited by Youngcoach123

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Hoover and Eisenhower winning southern states before the 60s is just a coincidence I guess. 20 out of the 21 southern Democrats that voted against CRA stayed Democrats until the end. Some party switch. Nixons southern strategy (lie) lost him the south in 68. The party switch never happened, end of discussion. 

😂😂😂. Someone’s been watching PragerU videos.  

• LOL! 1