UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

1 hour ago, HS1988 said:

One will be an AD/Head Football coach at another school. The other is resigned and I'm told is retiring. Hopefully for the kids sake that is all but I'm hearing things. We will see. A LOT of people are very disappointed. 

So basically they are down to what, 4 total coaches on boys side? Is the Coach Ed thing official now?

Edited by AsSeenOnTV

8 minutes ago, AsSeenOnTV said:

So basically they are down to what, 4 total coaches on boys side? Is the Coach Ed thing official now?

I think that is correct on the coaches. No public statement from anyone that I am aware of. Coach Ed was coaching 7th grade boys basketball this week. I'm sure he will do all he can for the kids 100% as long as he is there and allowed to. Always has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thefirsttimer said:

I am beginning to wonder when this is gonna end and somebody,the superintendent,board, softball coaches , somebody take ownership of this mess.

At this point, I just hope we can attract a quality AD and staff, turn the page and move forward. Kids deserve it. There are great people here. Many are upset about the whole thing. Some want changes. Either way, I just hope it's an easy transition for the kids. Also wish Coach Ed and all the coaches the very best. Somebody is getting some good good ones..........It's a great day to be alive, and a Mustang!

Is there a new Supe at HS that wanted to bring own person in? Also success of softball team was probably a contributing factor in that they would go deep in the playoffs while football was not advancing as far far many years. Still, at least they made the playoffs unlike lots of others. 

5 hours ago, EasyRider said:

Is there a new Supe at HS that wanted to bring own person in? Also success of softball team was probably a contributing factor in that they would go deep in the playoffs while football was not advancing as far far many years. Still, at least they made the playoffs unlike lots of others. 

But this day in age, you have got to really suck not to make the playoffs right? I know HS never has or will be a "football" school, so maybe making the playoffs is their Superbowl. If so, congrats! 😁

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, iRockNewbzz said:

But this day in age, you have got to really suck not to make the playoffs right? I know HS never has or will be a "football" school, so maybe making the playoffs is their Superbowl. If so, congrats! 😁

Didn't you say you played in HS? Thought I read that in one of your post.

Always enjoyed officiating for Chris.  Very real in his coaching in my experience.   Hate to see coaches reassigned.   Same thing happened to Coach Castles in Henderson....ask the kids and fans how they are liking that....I was told they aren't liking it at all...

Sometimes wrong decisions are made.  Hope Chris gets another gig, if that's something he wants.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, HS1988 said:

One resigned yesterday. Another will soon be announced as AD/Head Football coach at another school. I think the sports effected will be power lifting coach, assistant baseball coach, and assistant tennis coach. They were both great coaches and will be missed. 

from what I've heard they have told them all to "find a job next year"

The sad fact is that nomatter who a head coach is, there will always be distractors. Surratt has some in Carthage. Allen has some in Highland Park. Traylor had some in Gilmer. Most of those have never played or are living their lives through their kids. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EasyRider said:

The sad fact is that nomatter who a head coach is, there will always be distractors. Surratt has some in Carthage. Allen has some in Highland Park. Traylor had some in Gilmer. Most of those have never played or are living their lives through their kids. 

Amen!

On 12/5/2022 at 9:11 AM, TIMRIGGINS said:

from what I've heard they have told them all to "find a job next year"

I've heard that too. Heard some of the coaches been subbing out the wrong kid. And too much discipline on another. Can't do that in some schools now it seems. Usually what's done in the dark always comes to light. 👀

There it is coaches, the dream job!  A place where you can be AD, HC, teach one class a day, hire an OC, DC, and three other assistants (if they clean house) and be told to do better than make the playoffs or you will be reassigned. Don't everyone apply at once! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Not sure. I'm just glad I don't live there anymore. The school was once a huge source of pride for the community when Mr Ogden was sup. Not so much anymore. 

Agree Rick Ogden is one of a kind and did an awesome job. Disagree about pride. These kids will always have pride.

• Smoaky changed the title to *Breaking* Hughes Springs ISD and Chris Edwards Reach Settlement Agreement.
1 hour ago, Nobody323 said:

There it is coaches, the dream job!  A place where you can be AD, HC, teach one class a day, hire an OC, DC, and three other assistants (if they clean house) and be told to do better than make the playoffs or you will be reassigned. Don't everyone apply at once! 

Great post, love it!!

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis
  • Smoaky unpinned this topic