UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

39 minutes ago, Destry said:

Bet dollar to donut that they run the puke and choke offense 

I'm a wing-t guy and not a fan of the offenses that throw it a lot. But you do realize that they ran the slot-t and went 4-6/3-7 and their coach got fired? 

Also, there are multiple versions of "the spread" most of which are run oriented. One of the main reasons guys run it is to open up QB runs that they can't do from under center 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlBundy said:

I'm a wing-t guy and not a fan of the offenses that throw it a lot. But you do realize that they ran the slot-t and went 4-6/3-7 and their coach got fired? 

Also, there are multiple versions of "the spread" most of which are run oriented. One of the main reasons guys run it is to open up QB runs that they can't do from under center 

Wing and slot man here. I understand all the reasons for the spread but sometimes it be hard for old school guy to buy in. True Spread has qb and one back most of the time . If they are a running out of that formation it is not hard to decipher how many backs are going to carry the ball/— less any motion stuff. Wing and slot formation last time I checked had 4 possible running backs to carry. “Oh but they are going to load the box against us”——-Please do!!!!   Just saying.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destry said:

Wing and slot man here. I understand all the reasons for the spread but sometimes it be hard for old school guy to buy in. True Spread has qb and one back most of the time . If they are a running out of that formation it is not hard to decipher how many backs are going to carry the ball/— less any motion stuff. Wing and slot formation last time I checked had 4 possible running backs to carry. “Oh but they are going to load the box against us”——-Please do!!!!   Just saying.

Loading the box and going man on WR  is most likely the answer in my opinion. Just hope that ol' QB can air it out and has a capable WR. Jus saying lol. Otherwise it will be easily shut down. We'll see 👀 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Loading the box and going man on WR  is most likely the answer in my opinion. Just hope that ol' QB can air it out and has a capable WR. Jus saying lol. Otherwise it will be easily shut down. We'll see 👀 

That is what NW did the 2nd half against them in the playoffs last year. They were down by 20 going into halftime and scored 40 unanswered to win it. HS couldn't move the ball against the diamond front and didn't have the talent outside to throw the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeatTested said:

That is what NW did the 2nd half against them in the playoffs last year. They were down by 20 going into halftime and scored 40 unanswered to win it. HS couldn't move the ball against the diamond front and didn't have the talent outside to throw the ball.

The kicker kicking 3 perfect OSKs in the 4th qtr helped out a lot with that too. 

• LOL! 1

There will be people that are happy with this move and those that are  not cant make everyone happy. H.S. has typically been a one and done playoff team with a few years where they have won one. I guess if your happy just making the playoffs then your not happy with this move. If you desire something different like a state championship or maybe even just getting out of the region which H.S. has never done then you are happy with this move. Whi knows it might get better it might not but if you never try something different you will never know.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

There will be people that are happy with this move and those that are  not cant make everyone happy. H.S. has typically been a one and done playoff team with a few years where they have won one. I guess if your happy just making the playoffs then your not happy with this move. If you desire something different like a state championship or maybe even just getting out of the region which H.S. has never done then you are happy with this move. Whi knows it might get better it might not but if you never try something different you will never know.

At least be factual and use words like hardly ever been past Regionals. That way it doesn't show so much. Was there even a SINGLE experienced AD in the entire list of applicants? You said in an earlier post that the interviewed the "top 10" like Art Briles was in there somewhere. And this is the best of the best? Get off the pipe dude....LOL! Makes you wonder exactly what they were looking for. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis