UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

Give the guy a chance. I guess coming from a kid these days makes it true. Pretty sure he encouraged participation. In small schools, if you can help in some way, it is the coaches job to get them out and help their teams. Lets see what this guy can do, he is in early enough in the off-season to start creating his own culture. 

• Like 3

One thing is for sure. Coach Willis is our guy now. And he had nothing to do with the changes. Just a guy looking for a better opportunity. He will need the support of the community, parents, and the trust of the kids. I support him and these kids 100%. I hope the parents and bleacher coaches will have realistic expectations the next couple of years. Good luck Coach Willis, staff, and kids! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

One thing is for sure. Coach Willis is our guy now. And he had nothing to do with the changes. Just a guy looking for a better opportunity. He will need the support of the community, parents, and the trust of the kids. I support him and these kids 100%. I hope the parents and bleacher coaches will have realistic expectations the next couple of years. Good luck Coach Willis, staff, and kids! 

Well said!! I have waited to give my 2 cents till I had the facts a 100% an I can tell you wit Certainty that what coach Willis said to the kids was he was going to encourage the kids to play 2 sports and wanted to have as many multi sports athletes as he could. Never said you had to play 4 sports. Let's all just support this coach and his staff and refrain from making accusations. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, HS1988 said:

They certainly did not the last 2-3 years.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

I hear they finally lured an OC from Olney Tx. Records about the same as AD. But hey, at least we have another Herbalife Rep in town!

You have probably done your research but it looks like he was a part of the turnaround in Olney. Perhaps he will bring some of that success to the great city of Hughes Springs.

Edited by BigWhoop

1 hour ago, BigWhoop said:

You have probably done your research but it looks like he was a part of the turnaround in Olney. Perhaps he will bring some of that success to the great city of Hughes Springs.

The former AD at Olney is a flexbone guy.

1 hour ago, Wokewon said:

What happened to your post? Them guys better get "on board" or they may not be there long. The process of a coaching change is not easy, better find a way to fit in get behind the new guy. Things can't and won't be like they were with the old regime.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis