UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

2 hours ago, Cowboy4L said:

Someone said that the new AD brought in an OC from Olney. I was just saying that if that is the case, the guy from Olney runs the flexbone and always has...

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

If Coach Willis hired the former Olney HC to be the OC, he's bringing his son with him pretty sure he's a QB and knows how to operate that offense

I was under the impression that Hughes Springs hired the Olney OC for the same position. I was originally asking where the Olney HC was headed? IMHO I think it would be a real head scratcher for HC of Olney, after what he did to turn around that program, to end up as the OC at HS. But I guess stranger moves have been made. 

43 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

I was under the impression that Hughes Springs hired the Olney OC for the same position. I was originally asking where the Olney HC was headed? IMHO I think it would be a real head scratcher for HC of Olney, after what he did to turn around that program, to end up as the OC at HS. But I guess stranger moves have been made. 

I’m not sure where he was headed. But, I have seen a lot of HC decide to take that step back for family reasons. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Hear things are going great for the new guy. 🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣 1 year and he'll be lucky to make it a full year. Bad bidness down that way at the moment. Feel bad for the baseball program because we and everyone else across the state knows they're a baseball school and then they just fired the head baseball coach yesterday. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 1 year and he'll be lucky to make it a full year. Bad bidness down that way at the moment. Feel bad for the baseball program because we and everyone else across the state knows they're a baseball school and then they just fired the head baseball coach yesterday. 

If true, that move was not made soley by the AD, may have been his idea and what he wanted. But, it would have to be co-signed by upper admin. Hope it works out for all involved.

• Like 1

How is everybody gonna blame the new guy he didn't hire the coach that let all this go on or have much influence on the kids in a month. He is just cleaning up from last administration. Give the guy a chance he walked into the dumpster 🔥 

• Grumpy 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

6 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

If true, that move was not made soley by the AD, may have been his idea and what he wanted. But, it would have to be co-signed by upper admin. Hope it works out for all involved.

I'm not saying it didn't come from higher up. On social media everyone a few weeks back was wanting the Baseball coach to survive the cut. Seems like he was out before he even knew it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

How is everybody gonna blame the new guy he didn't hire the coach that let all this go on or have much influence on the kids in a month. He is just cleaning up from last administration. Give the guy a chance he walked into the dumpster 🔥 

You keep telling yourself that. Just Because Ed tuned you up and you felt like little Johnny didn't get a fair shake doesn't make it true. HS is now looked at as a joke. That wasn't the case when he was there. HS will have the lowest number roster in years. Instead of all the ghost kids who wouldn't play for Ed coming out, a lot of the ones who DID will not be in athletics next year. It truly is a circus now. Dumpster fire is a good description. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, mustang1113 said:

Coach Ed handled the discipline for athletics incidents. This would have never happened under his watch. Never. I hear the high school principal is handling this. A few wanted change. Well......they are getting it. Sadly, the vast majority didn't but they have to suffer the same fate.

There's been big talk of "culture" change here by the new "staff". Well.....it seems to be changing LOL. Coming in with 2 playoff appearances to a school who has hasn't MISSED the playoffs that many times in a decade talking about changing the culture is laughable at best. But you can read it on Twitter 😁

Edited by Wokewon

30 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

Coach Ed handled the discipline for athletics incidents. This would have never happened under his watch. Never. I hear the high school principal is handling this. A few wanted change. Well......they are getting it. Sadly, the vast majority didn't but they have to suffer the same fate.

Yes it would have happen alot happened that was sweep under the rug new guy had nothing to do with this just having to fix what was broken

15 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

Yes it would have happen alot happened that was sweep under the rug new guy had nothing to do with this just having to fix what was broken

That's a straight up lie. Video cameras not just on the bus. They are in the coaches office too. Even have one of a two faced dude apologizing to Ed for being wrong about him. Shook his hand. What a pathetic joke.

2 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

That's a straight up lie. Video cameras not just on the bus. They are in the coaches office too. Even have one of a two faced dude apologizing to Ed for being wrong about him. Shook his hand. What a 

I never said any names thats where assuming who I was talking about makes you look like a @@@ problem goes much higher than that.

4 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

Lofty title for an oil field hand. But I will sleep good at night. Because life is good. I owe no apologies at the moment. I've always supported my children financially and emotionally. Never ran from responsibility. Yea....I'm good 👍

Well good to hear hope you have a great night then.