UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

58 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

Lofty title for an oil field hand. But I will sleep good at night. Because life is good. I owe no apologies at the moment. I've always supported my children financially and emotionally. Never ran from responsibility. Yea....I'm good 👍

Maybe just shirked that responsibility???

9 hours ago, Wokewon said:

According to pretty reliable sources, the players are on video on the bus home from the last game chanting nasty things about the AD and Superintendent. Hear they are all in DAP. Hear kids are skipping morning workouts. Some kids have said they just don't like it anymore. Another good coach resigned. QB is moving. Meanwhile the new OC is on Twitter begging for 3 coaches to apply there. I hear the school board voted to nominate the Sup for Sup of the year 🤣. School board is obviously oblivious.

Well, they weren’t so oblivious that they realized a change was needed, now were they?

2 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Coach Ed handled the discipline for athletics incidents. This would have never happened under his watch. Never. I hear the high school principal is handling this. A few wanted change. Well......they are getting it. Sadly, the vast majority didn't but they have to suffer the same fate.

You might want to have your wife look up the definition of vast majority… or stay oblivious…

10 hours ago, Wokewon said:

According to pretty reliable sources, the players are on video on the bus home from the last game chanting nasty things about the AD and Superintendent. Hear they are all in DAP. Hear kids are skipping morning workouts. Some kids have said they just don't like it anymore. Another good coach resigned. QB is moving. Meanwhile the new OC is on Twitter begging for 3 coaches to apply there. I hear the school board voted to nominate the Sup for Sup of the year 🤣. School board is obviously oblivious.

Sure it’s hard for the athletes to get used to discipline and hard work!

5 hours ago, Wokewon said:

There's been big talk of "culture" change here by the new "staff". Well.....it seems to be changing LOL. Coming in with 2 playoff appearances to a school who has hasn't MISSED the playoffs that many times in a decade talking about changing the culture is laughable at best. But you can read it on Twitter 😁

Not hard to make playoffs in the cupcake districts HS has been in past 20years or so {Pretty embarrassing to miss playoffs nowadays since 4 get in}. So just "making the playoffs" is like giving everyone a participation ribbons out like candy.

40 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

You missed a lot son. I wasn't bragging about making the playoffs 2 yrs on Twitter. You've made the point about 4 teams. Easy to get in ......blah blah.

I couldn't tell you what you do on Twitter b/c I don't have it, just was seeing the chatter but to me it's a moot point when mentioning "x" # of playoffs appearances. 

But the "changing the culture" is gonna happen overnight, or at all. Or maybe Mediocrity is what you'll always get from HS (aside from girls BB SC from like 1998 and Guys BB SC like 1971 or something)

Edited by iRockNewbzz

11 hours ago, Wokewon said:

So is the robotics teacher really more qualified to step up and coach baseball than the new AD? I know Ed would step up and coach ANY sport as he always has. I remember that. Softball...whatever. Again embarrassing situation you folks have gotten yourselves into. Just embarrassing. Hell im embarrassed for you. 

Better than being embarrassed by you…

Just laughable you know nothing about anything but when your wrong you start to attack peoples character tells alot about you. As for my kid I didn't need anyone to punish him I took care of it myself if you knew a little more about the situation you would know that. I could say some other stuff about you but I'm not gonna stoop that low. You can either support the new guy or not doesn't make any difference to us. I know its tough losing control of things but thats the way life goes.

• Love 1

One thing is for sure me or you had nothing to do with ed leaving i wish him the best. We just move on and support the kids and the guys that the school board hired. If not keep quite and be mad but don't wish bad on the kids or hope they have losing seasons just to make you feel better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

I dont know how to make you understand that the new guy has not been there long enough yet to gave a influence on those kids. Whatever happened would have happened wouldn't have mattered who was thete

Woke will be back in about 10 days carry on

• Love 1
  • LOL! 2
  • Roll Eyes 1

Not everything happening in HS is bad! Softball in playoffs tonight! My friend’s daughter texted her on the way home from physicals and said their coach was bragging on how well behaved they were.  Even at a store that they stopped at the owner told them to come back that’s the best group he has had!  GOOD JOB girls!