UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

29 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

Don't know for sure but heard the principal is coaching.

4 minutes ago, WyattEarp said:

There wasn't any assistant baseball coaches left?

Yikes, thankful I'm in a good place.

4 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

OC is a flexbone guy. Ran it at Amarillo Tascosa (one of the best you will see), and Olney. 

Wonder if it while be the Gunter version in the gun or more true flexbone

On 5/3/2023 at 9:18 AM, TIMRIGGINS said:

Oh yeah. They are still going to throw for 5,000 yards this year. 

They better tally up the yards they throw a baseball ⚾️ all season. They haven't thrown for 5000 in the past 20 years combined lmao 😂 🤣 😆 💀 

On 5/3/2023 at 10:05 AM, BEASTeastTX said:

My hold prediction of 2022 is Hughes springs finishes DAL and Harmony wins it the district. 
they gotta give coach a year or to for things to get going at HS. It’s hard to be the first guy in after a dynasty. 

Thats awfully bold 😳 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

Thats awfully bold 😳 

Yeah who am I kidding…. Daingerfield is going to win. 
but I would guarantee HS is DAL sources say football stuff going on right now is rough. Not that it will always be rough but there’s definitely going to be a big big learning curve 

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Yeah who am I kidding…. Daingerfield is going to win. 
but I would guarantee HS is DAL sources say football stuff going on right now is rough. Not that it will always be rough but there’s definitely going to be a big big learning curve 

I agree with you on hs being last. They may not even field 20 kids. Dfield and Harmony will be at the top imo. Harmony doesn't want a track meet with us but we don't want a between the tackle game with them either lol 😆 

4 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I agree with you on hs being last. They may not even field 20 kids. Dfield and Harmony will be at the top imo. Harmony doesn't want a track meet with us but we don't want a between the tackle game with them either lol 😆 

They are going to have to have a lot of kids quit in order to be worse than what EF or Queen City is going to have out there.

Edited by Valhalla

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

They are going to have to have a lot of kids quit in order to be worse than what EF or Queen City is going to have out there.

Eh, last time QC had a big crop of juniors and seniors that had been playing a lot of varsity football and the district was down they broke a playoff drought. Looks like the perfect storm for them to be honest. 
I watched their EF game last year to scout potential playoff matchup and they were like 2/9 inside the 5 or something crazy like that. Offensive play calling was atrocious had a good defensive game plan though just literally could buy a TD. 

2 hours ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Eh, last time QC had a big crop of juniors and seniors that had been playing a lot of varsity football and the district was down they broke a playoff drought. Looks like the perfect storm for them to be honest. 
I watched their EF game last year to scout potential playoff matchup and they were like 2/9 inside the 5 or something crazy like that. Offensive play calling was atrocious had a good defensive game plan though just literally could buy a TD. 

I just don't think the District is as "down" as you.

Waskom will be young, but they still have talent. Diana should be improved. They had a lot of good sophomores that had to play Varsity last year.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:05 AM, BEASTeastTX said:

My hold prediction of 2022 is Hughes springs finishes DAL and Harmony wins it the district. 
they gotta give coach a year or to for things to get going at HS. It’s hard to be the first guy in after a dynasty. 

HMMM.   That's what everybody said about Harmony.  How'd that work out?