Jump to content

UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis


Smoaky

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

At least be factual and use words like hardly ever been past Regionals. That way it doesn't show so much. Was there even a SINGLE experienced AD in the entire list of applicants? You said in an earlier post that the interviewed the "top 10" like Art Briles was in there somewhere. And this is the best of the best? Get off the pipe dude....LOL! Makes you wonder exactly what they were looking for. 

Was factual name me a year they have won the region?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

88 and 98 that I know of. Quarterfinals are AFTER regionals. You may want to sit down somewhere. Clueless!

Nope you need to check your facts h.s. has never won the region lost to corgian Camden in 88 and didn't make it out of the region and in 98 lost to mart and didn't make it out of the region good try though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

Corgian won the region just what I said thanks for proving me right.

HS didn't make it past the regional quarter final but to the regional quarter final. I just re read your post. You said "out" of the region. I stand corrected Sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

HS didn't make it past the regional quarter final but to the regional quarter final. I just re read your post. You said "out" of the region. I stand corrected Sir.

I think we have only played to get out of th region 3 times Last time was against E.F. cant remember the year thkugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

Have those kind of athletes about every ten years or so. 3 different coaches.

Had this conversation with a great coach before last football season. He said talent has to be developed and can be developed with the right program in place. I know kids have to be athletic but that has not been the problem at H.S. 

  • Like 1
  • SMH 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mustang1113 said:

Had this conversation with a great coach before last football season. He said talent has to be developed and can be developed with the right program in place. I know kids have to be athletic but that has not been the problem at H.S. 

Really? LOL. So we should should make it out of the Region when? Hell I'm hoping we make it past QC! Let's re visit this in November.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wokewon said:

Really? LOL. So we should should make it out of the Region when? Hell I'm hoping we make it past QC! Let's re visit this in November.

Let's give the new guy a chance and support him its not gonna change overnight let's give him 3 or 4 years before we pass judgement.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mustang1113 said:

Let's give the new guy a chance and support him its not gonna change overnight let's give him 3 or 4 years before we pass judgement.

Not passing judgment. We can only judge them by records though right? Who knows what kind of athletes we will have in 3 or 4 years. Just like all other coaches, he will have good years and not so good years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Is this the guy that was 0-10 at NB and has never had a winning record anywhere? Nice work HS. Especially the "search committee". Great work. 

 

18 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Well....guess you know him lol

2018 (0-10) 48-371 Craig Fant

This guy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...