Uganda passes law banning homosexuality- White House melts down..

Sportsfanatic1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You seriously discounting someone's thoughtful answer, who happened to pretty much agree with you, because he didn't promptly respond to your timeline? I may have misgendered you, thinking you were a man! 😏

Well, one thing is for sure, I'm not Trans. 😂

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@BarryLaverty do you support transgender over Christianity like your POTUS does? 

How about the rest of you libs? @EnjoyLife @PepeSilvia

No...but just because I believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin does not mean I believe any person or group should be subject to persecution. There are places in this world where Christians are also persecuted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

No...but just because I believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin does not mean I believe any person or group should be subject to persecution. There are places in this world where Christians are also persecuted.

Mark 10:6-9 ~ But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Wait are you comparing the persecution of Christian’s across the world to the way gays are treated in America? It’s not even close.

58 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Wait are you comparing the persecution of Christian’s across the world to the way gays are treated in America? It’s not even close.

No...this thread is about the persecution of homosexuals in Uganda...and it sort of evolved into an argument about using Old Testament Levitical laws to justify that persecution.

13 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

No...this thread is about the persecution of homosexuals in Uganda...and it sort of evolved into an argument about using Old Testament Levitical laws to justify that persecution.

I don’t believe anyone should be persecuted, but condoning the behavior shouldn’t happen either. I mean I would have the same take for openly cheating on your spouse. That is something they will answer for and sins are equal in God eyes!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:13 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I believe in what the bible says....How other countries punish their gays or anyone else that breaks THEIR laws is THEIR business.

Leviticus 20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

17 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

We are not subject to any Old Testament laws.....those physical  death penalties in the OT foreshadow the even worse punishment waiting for them in eternity.......

One says we are not subject to Old Testament laws, another uses it to condemn folks in other countries.....

Personally, I dont give a horse buttocks what goes on in Uganda and what laws they make. But I am hoping that several of our government leaders will fly over there and protest. Just remember when in their country, you have to follow their laws........🎹

14 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Laws saying it’s not allowed is not persecution. 

Idk man...sentencing someone to life in prison or even execution for engaging in an act with another consenting adult that does not directly harm another person sure seems like persecution to me. Laws are not always right. Heck, the Nazis murdered gays right along with Jews, gypsies and anyone else they deemed unworthy of life...and it was completely legal under German law.

• Like 1

I believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin.

I believe there are only two genders.

I believe biological men should not be allowed to compete athletically against biological women regardless of how they identify.

Yet this thread has me defending those folks. Very weird lol................................

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:13 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I believe in what the bible says....How other countries punish their gays or anyone else that breaks THEIR laws is THEIR business.

Leviticus 20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

So we're under old testament law again. You sound exactly like extreme Muslims in the middle east. 

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I believe engaging in homosexual acts is a sin.

I believe there are only two genders.

I believe biological men should not be allowed to compete athletically against biological women regardless of how they identify.

Yet this thread has me defending those folks. Very weird lol................................

My thoughts exactly 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Dude they are literally suffering because of their beliefs. It's in the definition you posted. 

They made a law. Do people refer to the US as murderer persecutors? Drug dealers? Jay walkers? 
In countries where drugs are legal, do they call us persecutors? No, because that’s not the word for breaking the laws of countries. 

55 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Also a good note, they are not suffering for their belief. Their lifestyle, yes.  They are going to go to jail for the belief of the country by elected representatives. Thought leftist love democracy?

Exactly some folks rather rationalize the behavior and ignore for what it is . Abomination. However, many ignore fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

59 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Also a good note, they are not suffering for their belief. Their lifestyle, yes.  They are going to go to jail for the belief of the country by elected representatives. Thought leftist love democracy?

OK.... Call it what you want but they're targetoa particular population. How can this be proved? Red Scare Ugandan style. 

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

So we're under old testament law again. You sound exactly like extreme Muslims in the middle east. 

1 Corinthians 6:9 — The New International Version (NIV)

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

They're not persecuted if they don't flaunt it in public.  It's Uganda of all places.  Uganda has been in terrible shape even long before Idi Amin took over, and it's still as President Trump described it.  Being a homosexual is against the law in every Muslime country, but I rarely hear anyone complaining about them.  They tried during the World Cup, and they were silenced.  These countries simply don't want their countries to become a Sodom and Gomorrah as our Nation is becoming.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Being a homosexual is against the law in every Muslime country, but I rarely hear anyone complaining about them. 

No dimnut complaints about them even though THOSE countries execute them in some horrible ways ....... 

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

OK.... Call it what you want but they're targetoa particular population. How can this be proved? Red Scare Ugandan style. 

I’m going to call it what it is, you call it what you want. Writing laws that the people of the country want, is not “targeting” btw.