Pittsburg Pirate Football

PITTHereB4

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Or that’s what the “community “ wants.

Yep, most coaches seek the advice of the community when determining what offense to run. Very few run the offense that they feel will work best with the type of kids they have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, most coaches seek the advice of the community when determining what offense to run. Very few run the offense that they feel will work best with the type of kids they have. 

I think I detect a little sarcasm—but nobody knows more than the community coaches.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 9:38 AM, TIMRIGGINS said:

going spread this year. Might take a few weeks to get that going

Is this confirmed? The OC has always been a slot-T guy, they had more success than they have had in a long time the first year in the slot-T, Mexia hasn't been as good since they got out of it and Pewitt had its most success in it. 

I am pretty sure the OC has always had a few spread packages. I would be surprised to see the slot-T disappear entirely.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Is this confirmed? The OC has always been a slot-T guy, they had more success than they have had in a long time the first year in the slot-T, Mexia hasn't been as good since they got out of it and Pewitt had its most success in it. 

I am pretty sure the OC has always had a few spread packages. I would be surprised to see the slot-T disappear entirely.  

I know they hired a receiver coach from a local school that is a spread team. Slot t teams dont usually go out of their way to hire receiver coaches. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hopefully they get it together. Going to have a two headed monster in the backfield with Hollaway and if they bring the freshman Tamar Palmer up to varsity. Kid is 5’9 165lbs, runs a 4.7, he’s going to be a beast.

15 minutes ago, txk85 said:

hasn't Abron run basically the same offense everywhere hes been?

Coach Abron is a defensive guy by trade...so I would imagine he's not 100% married to any offensive system. He has run the Slot-T at Pewitt, Mexia and Pittsburg.....but when he was an assistant at Sulphur Springs they were pretty wide open so he has been around spread type offenses...Coach Abron strikes me as the kind of coach who will adapt his offense to personnel and my guess he feels the personnel is more suited to a spread offense

• Like 1

I know without fail the best offense for a program to be running.  And it works EVERY time.   The best offense is the offense is your kids can execute.   Period.  End of story,  Some places need to be running Wing T or Bone.  Some Slot T.  Some Various forms of spread.  Some I.   The question is which one fits your kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

I know without fail the best offense for a program to be running.  And it works EVERY time.   The best offense is the offense is your kids can execute.   Period.  End of story,  Some places need to be running Wing T or Bone.  Some Slot T.  Some Various forms of spread.  Some I.   The question is which one fits your kids.

Sir, we're talking Pittsburg here.  Everyone in the community, except the coaching staff, knows they should be 4-12 wide scoring 56 points a game while playing with AT LEAST 3 footballs per play..