Pittsburg Pirate Football

PITTHereB4

On 5/16/2023 at 7:16 AM, chevyman said:

Watched them play 7 on 7 in Winny last night and they definitely have some good looking kids and were slinging it around pretty good

Yea at the State Qualifier Tournament they  fell one point short in overtime to SS in the semifinals. Pitt is definitely doing something different this year.

5 hours ago, Pirate44 said:

Yea at the State Qualifier Tournament they  fell one point short in overtime to SS in the semifinals. Pitt is definitely doing something different this year.

I would think so playing 7 on 7. Kinda hard to run the slot t playing touch football. 

Edited by nationalpastime

12 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

I would think so playing 7 on 7. Kinda hard to run the slot t playing touch football. 

PG has been playing and winning 7on7 for years now but when the season starts they go back to what's been working on Fridays. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, txk85 said:

PG has been playing and winning 7on7 for years now but when the season starts they go back to what's been working on Fridays. 

Plenty of schools that are run-orientated in the fall play and have success in 7on7 in the Summer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, txk85 said:

PG in their state runs threw the ball very well for a Wing-T team and Coach Gibson has attributed that to the work throwing and catching in the summer....I believe they threw for 300 yards in that first title win over West Orange-Stark

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

PG in their state runs threw the ball very well for a Wing-T team and Coach Gibson has attributed that to the work throwing and catching in the summer....I believe they threw for 300 yards in that first title win over West Orange-Stark

what i was saying is they arent a spread team even with how much they threw it last year.  like Valhalla said you can do both, air it out in 7on7 and still be a primary run offense in the season.

24 minutes ago, txk85 said:

what i was saying is they arent a spread team even with how much they threw it last year.  like Valhalla said you can do both, air it out in 7on7 and still be a primary run offense in the season.

Absolutely...at some point even the best run teams will be 3rd and 15....the key is run your stuff....dont junk up the offense to win 7on7......I watched a Wing-T team in Houston run their stuff in a SQT last week and they were damn hard to stop lol TE's were running free all over the place 

10 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Absolutely...at some point even the best run teams will be 3rd and 15....the key is run your stuff....dont junk up the offense to win 7on7......I watched a Wing-T team in Houston run their stuff in a SQT last week and they were damn hard to stop lol TE's were running free all over the place 

I used to be a Wing T guy.  I would have liked to have seen that.

23 hours ago, MattStepp said:

60 yards of that was on the very first play of the game for them.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:29 AM, BlackShirtD said:

I can’t believe there is a 2 page topic about Pitt football.   They may be 5-5 or 6-4 this year with another 4th place district finish.   

It's that time of year for the Pitt faithful. Some preseason hype.

I would love to see Pitt have more success next year. Also seems like they could be on the right track, but I need to see it to believe it.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:29 AM, BlackShirtD said:

I can’t believe there is a 2 page topic about Pitt football.   They may be 5-5 or 6-4 this year with another 4th place district finish.   

I have seen alot more pages on here, discussing much less! 😁