BRUCEVILLE-EDDY ISD AD/HFC posted on THSCA

BEASTeastTX

On 3/27/2023 at 8:08 AM, BEASTeastTX said:

Good facilities, Decent location, not too bad of a gig for someone looking for a shot? They are in a pretty tough district and took some lumps.

Tough district and the location comes with its own problems. Very easy to take talent elsewhere. New guy would need time to develop and hope to have a good class come through and stay. 

In that district Crawford/Marlin/Riesel have been the top dogs last couple years.  Bosqueville, Moody, Rosebud-Lott, Valley Mills - meh.  BV is trying to rebuild, but if they get it turned around may not be in BE's district by then.  I don't consider the current district a super tough one, but not cupcake level either, probably average IMO.

BE is on I35 south of Waco, nice rural area, but IMO difficult to attract any talent that doesn't live there already.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, Destry said:

Been there as a visitor before, I’ll pass.

Same here, a few times.  I'd say facilities are decent. not necessarily good.  Then again, I'm a BV guy so I probably shouldn't throw stones lol.

Edited by Bonecrushr

2 hours ago, Bonecrushr said:

Same here, a few times.  I'd say facilities are decent. not necessarily good.  Then again, I'm a BV guy so I probably shouldn't throw stones lol.

Just did not get a good impression of the place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Anybody hired here must be given plenty of time to rebuild his program.  

Agreed.  They've had a couple decent runs over the years, but while my kids were in school really only one year where they gave us a real fight.  They're in between Waco & Killeen/Temple/Belton.  Most of the talent in this area is in those two locations as opposed to BE.  BE has to do the best with what they got.  Quality coaching will def help, but I don't know if they will have an answer for powerhouse teams like Crawford and teams like BV, Marlin, Riesel (district teams) who aren't perennial powerhouses but have good talent and can have several years of decent playoff runs.

Folk might point to a team like Mart who is rural and still goes super deep almost every year.  My answer is besides coaching, it's the culture.  Those kids have the winners' mentality drilled into them from day one of youth football.  Something like that is possible at BE, but it would take a long time.  Gotta put together a few winning seasons first, give the kids and the community a taste of what it's like to be one of the big boys.  Then build on that.  I wish the new guy luck.  An additional winning 2AD1 team in this area would help raise the overall level of competition for all.

• Like 2