The delusional John Kerry…Biden’s climate czar…”reduce emissions 50% by 2030 on all cars ,light trucks,heavy trucks……

gamewatcher63

Does that 50% reduction include private jets? 

Im all for clean energy and weaning ourselves off fossil fuels and reducing emissions...but achieving a 50% reduction will take a lot longer than 7 years unless you just take a wrecking ball to existing industries...and that will come with its own consequences.

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

And you will not use anything but electricity to heat your home or cook with. Control.

I have a perpetual oak forest on my land, I could provide firewood for all of Garrison for decades  if I wanted to ... have wood, will cook, warm house and be comfortable .... a country boy can survive .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

take a wrecking ball to existing industries...and that will come with its own consequences.

Well...how much legislation do they present/pass that they don't actually think through? There's not necessarily rhyme or reason to it sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

When we had our house built, I wanted a gas stove.

Turn on the cooking channel...you will never see a professional chef cooking on an electric stove. Only thing better about an electric stove is that it is easier to clean.

• Like 1

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

Turn on the cooking channel...you will never see a professional chef cooking on an electric stove. Only thing better about an electric stove is that it is easier to clean.

Apparently, gas stoves are harmful to our health and make us stupid. I've seen that as an argument "against" them.

I lived in a house for several years when I was a teenager into my early 20's that had a gas stove. Just seems to work better.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Does that 50% reduction include private jets? 

Im all for clean energy and weaning ourselves off fossil fuels and reducing emissions...but achieving a 50% reduction will take a lot longer than 7 years unless you just take a wrecking ball to existing industries...and that will come with its own consequences.

Usually the rules don't apply to those making the laws they have a built in exemption

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have a perpetual oak forest on my land, I could provide firewood for all of Garrison for decades  if I wanted to ... have wood, will cook, warm house and be comfortable .... a country boy can survive .....

Same here, we never turned the electric heat on this winter...we have a wood burning heater that heats the entire house (approximately 1600 square ft). Harvested the wood and wood for next year from our 3.5 acres with plenty more to cut when needed. Chickens produced all the eggs we need and enough to give to the grown kids when they needed some and a few chickens are now in the freezer when needed for food. (hens that quit laying) and two deer processed and in the freezer also. Garden about to be planted so we will have plenty for us and a lot of our friends who don't garden...as you say...a country boy will survive!! So thankful I was raised in the country and taught how to do all the necessary things to survive. It definitely gets harder as we get older but it sure is rewarding to know my family can survive!! i would definitely encourage those that have never learned how to do the basics of gardening and livestock management to learn!!