Tenaha?

itsallheart

Don’t know anything about his football ability but home run hire as an individual. Here again is the situation with basketball coach as AD. Hope all goes well. Did Ward leave or not want to be AD? Never be surprised at what goes on at the home of the pit. Hehehe

20 minutes ago, VerumDixit said:

Seems like a worse situation to me unless he was just looking to get out of White Oak.

Lot of change with AD and Superintendent at White Oak. Ward is still coaching according to Tenaha's website. A 2A with an AD only, and a HFC with Admin roles. Weird

31 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I believe he is coaching boys basketball as well, not just AD.

I still find it odd that he's AD. He doesn't have a history of great success. Has he even won a playoff game?  Anyone know where he graduated college?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

May be the case of a retirement in the future and they leveraged the AD position to attract Lewis. 

This seems the most likely. Hard to imagine a school Tenaha'a size having an AD who's not the HC. Not unprecedented, just unlikely. 

4 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I still find it odd that he's AD. He doesn't have a history of great success. Has he even won a playoff game?  Anyone know where he graduated college?

Lamar, and Kilgore College. 

4 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Hmmmmm this is definitely a head scratcher...guess we will see how it "all washes out" as my momma would say!!

Funny story about this place—— few years ago I was told that at halftime of football games one of the administrators would go to the dressing room and tell the players what to do— surely not! I think he was pulling my leg.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Destry said:

Funny story about this place—— few years ago I was told that at halftime of football games one of the administrators would go to the dressing room and tell the players what to do— surely not! I think he was pulling my leg.

Ha if you only knew. 

• Like 1

I hear coach Terry W. may wanna be a THS administrator like his wife. Heard that has ways of lowering blood preasure and stress. Heard it at FM 2517 boat ramp in Deadwood and at Beckville ZippyJ so may be something to it?

35 minutes ago, texasguru said:

Not going to find a better person than Dee.  

I agree with you 100%.  Dee Lewis is a heck of a coach but he is an even better man! Class act and I believe he will do a great job in Tenaha. I am excited about what the future holds for Tenaha ISD athletics.

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, Destry said:

Your leg wasn’t getting pulled lol

RIP Tenaha Football…………. The name that used to strike terror into the hearts of etx football squads………. Timpson will hold the crown for the small school ranks for the foreseeable future now……………… I don’t doubt the man is a good man at all…….. just rarely see a move such as this be successful………. For football at least…………….. might be a Rocky few years…………

29 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

RIP Tenaha Football…………. The name that used to strike terror into the hearts of etx football squads………. Timpson will hold the crown for the small school ranks for the foreseeable future now……………… I don’t doubt the man is a good man at all…….. just rarely see a move such as this be successful………. For football at least…………….. might be a Rocky few years…………

Definitely looks bleak for Tenaha. Timpson will hold the crown for the "foreseeable future" as long as the foreseeable future means: "one more year". After next year there will be several teams jumping up. 

Edited by 89Falcon
  • Like 2