Tenaha?

itsallheart

4 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of in a small school

I might even go as far to say that TW might need to “update the ole resume “ because football may be done in the pit.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:12 AM, mrclean69 said:

I still find it odd that he's AD. He doesn't have a history of great success. Has he even won a playoff game?  Anyone know where he graduated college?

11 seasons, 3 playoff appearances, zero playoff wins..............definitely not a history of success

Usually standard procedure on hiring announcements to include the college in which the person received their degree.  For some reason this is not included in the Tenaha ISD facebook announcement on March 29.

Hmmmmmm.........

On 3/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

I believe he is coaching boys basketball as well, not just AD.

If this is the case, I think with the success Coach Bodden and Coach Jenkins had we could get a much better candidate.  We would be better off bringing Coach Bodden back.

4 minutes ago, factcheck said:

Have to give this 4 pinocchios.....big difference between attending a college and graduating from there.  Mainly a degree.

I said what I know. To my knowledge, he attended those schools. My source is a published article written about him at the newspaper where I used to work. 

If you have documentation or corroboration, please provide it. 

26 minutes ago, factcheck said:

If this is the case, I think with the success Coach Bodden and Coach Jenkins had we could get a much better candidate.  We would be better off bringing Coach Bodden back.

Where did Bodden go?

Just now, factcheck said:

Really good math teacher according to the kids

I’ve been told the same. Very good 🏀 coach as well. Funny story: back in 2010 I started a part-time gig as a freelance sportswriter for an East Texas newspaper/ website. My editor asked me to go cover a girls game at Timpson, then head over to Gary to catch Tenaha vs Gary boys. Tenaha had the game put away by halftime, even without legendary athlete Reginald Davis who was nursing a sore knee from football. So after the game I got with the bookkeeper to get some stats, then headed back to the locker room to get a quote from Bodden. Reginald was standing outside the locker room and saw me. He knew me from having seen me talking to coaches at football and basketball games. He said “Can I help you?” I told him I was looking for Coach Bodden. “I’m Coach Bodden.” I seized the opportunity. Okay Coach, what was the key to the big win tonight? He launched into a full-on impersonation of Bodden, throwing in every coach cliche you can imagine, and nailing Bodden’s deadpan tone. Bodden walks up behind him and realizes what was going on, and couldn’t help but crack a smile. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ve been told the same. Very good 🏀 coach as well. Funny story: back in 2010 I started a part-time gig as a freelance sportswriter for an East Texas newspaper/ website. My editor asked me to go cover a girls game at Timpson, then head over to Gary to catch Tenaha vs Gary boys. Tenaha had the game put away by halftime, even without legendary athlete Reginald Davis who was nursing a sore knee from football. So after the game I got with the bookkeeper to get some stats, then headed back to the locker room to get a quote from Bodden. Reginald was standing outside the locker room and saw me. He knew me from having seen me talking to coaches at football and basketball games. He said “Can I help you?” I told him I was looking for Coach Bodden. “I’m Coach Bodden.” I seized the opportunity. Okay Coach, what was the key to the big win tonight? He launched into a full-on impersonation of Bodden, throwing in every coach cliche you can imagine, and nailing Bodden’s deadpan tone. Bodden walks up behind him and realizes what was going on, and couldn’t help but crack a smile. 

Sense of humor is valuable commodity these days...js

Interesting development.

Assistant head football coach job posted on Texas Coach Network. Job posted by Terry Ward. "Opportunity" is misspelled. 

"Assistant head football coach with the opurtunity to become the head football after next season.  Will have to teach a 2-3 classes."

13 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

Interesting development.

Assistant head football coach job posted on Texas Coach Network. Job posted by Terry Ward. "Opportunity" is misspelled. 

"Assistant head football coach with the opurtunity to become the head football after next season.  Will have to teach a 2-3 classes."

With the new AD designation/hire, this was the plan all along.