They are paying HOW MUCH!!!???

Mavchamp

On 3/30/2023 at 6:50 PM, Mavchamp said:

A girls basketball coaching position that pays more than some 5A and 6A AD and HFC positions across the state. 

I know Duncanville is an elite program… but WOWZERS

I think this is a tool they will use to lure a head coach that can recruit top players in by reputation.  Not actively going out and finding kids, but more of the “I am going to send my kid to D’ville because I want her to play for that coach.”  Why else would they pay that much?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

I think this is a tool they will use to lure a head coach that can recruit top players in by reputation.  Not actively going out and finding kids, but more of the “I am going to send my kid to D’ville because I want her to play for that coach.”  Why else would they pay that much?  

Just got to laugh! Strange how jobs pop up for parents .

2 hours ago, Destry said:

Just got to laugh! Strange how jobs pop up for parents .

I am telling you right now.  Let's say Joe Blow shows up with an education degree and has a 6'6 WR that runs a 4.4 40 and he wants to be the WR Coach/OC... I would consider making this move...  As a parent of 5 kids, I guarantee you that if my twins or my middle son becomes a baseball stud, there will be a plethora of jobs available for this athletic trainer right here that pays very well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Rab said:

I am telling you right now.  Let's say Joe Blow shows up with an education degree and has a 6'6 WR that runs a 4.4 40 and he wants to be the WR Coach/OC... I would consider making this move...  As a parent of 5 kids, I guarantee you that if my twins or my middle son becomes a baseball stud, there will be a plethora of jobs available for this athletic trainer right here that pays very well...

I hear you bro. Just the way the system works.

In my thirty years of experience of coaching, for every time that a coach changes jobs and takes their kid to a powerhouse program the EXACT same thing happens 100 times when a coach takes a job at a historically weak program and moves their kid with them.  Funny how nobody ever mentions the vast majority of those examples.

It happened to to me.  When I took a job at schools that could not win open week nobody ever thought about it.  The one time I took at job at a program that is historically a state title contender all of a sudden my kids and I had been "recruited".

Bottom line: Nobody has the right to tell a coach that they cannot take a new job.  Cuz "Murica".  If the kids former HC signs off on the PAPF and the new DEC signs off on the transfer it is NOT illegal recruiting.

Edited by BillyClydePuckett
  • Like 3