UPDATE: Trump indicted by Manhattan grand jury on 2016 case

EnjoyLife

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope, no Russia love here from me, ever. Now, there is a large faction in the GOP who have lots of fondness for Putin and Russia. Does that include you? 

Stalin isn't loved by Russians either, only you fascist totalitarian dimnuts seem to be fond of his means of governing.........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Excellent watch!

So let me see if I'm clear here, and understand this right:

The statute of limitations of a crime generally starts upon discovery of said crime, not the commission of the crime, correct?

So, if that is indeed the case, the misdemeanor (i.e. paying the "hush money") has a statute of limitations (according to the video) of two years. If the crime was discovered in 2016, that means the Statute of Limitations ran out in 2018. It is now <checking calendar> 2023. Meaning the statute of limitations for the misdemeanor would have been up over four years ago.

And based on the video, a felony in NY has a statute of limitations of 5 years. So if he committed some kind of felony that was discovered in 2016, that would even mean that the statute was up in 2021.

Do I have that right?

10 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

The statute of limitations of a crime generally starts upon discovery of said crime, not the commission of the crime, correct?

So, if that is indeed the case, the misdemeanor (i.e. paying the "hush money") has a statute of limitations (according to the video) of two years. If the crime was discovered in 2016, that means the Statute of Limitations ran out in 2018. It is now <checking calendar> 2023. Meaning the statute of limitations for the misdemeanor would have been up over four years ago.

And based on the video, a felony in NY has a statute of limitations of 5 years. So if he committed some kind of felony that was discovered in 2016, that would even mean that the statute was up in 2021.

Do I have that right?

I guess. We can agree on one thing, Shapiro is almost beyond brilliant as an attorney.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope, no Russia love here from me, ever. Now, there is a large faction in the GOP who have lots of fondness for Putin and Russia. Does that include you? 

Which is untrue.  We just don't care about the Ukraine.  Show how they have been an ally or even a friend to the U.S..  The only connection is Biden.  

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Do I have that right?

The statue of limitations is when the crime occurred depending on the crime.  I'm unsure of the New York law is, and a New York attorney would be more familiar with this.  

12 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I wonder if Trump will get arrested on Tuesday.  The govt. sees organized groups coming in New York.  The govt. could just postpone the arrest until these groups get tired or go broke staying in NY , and then go home. 

He won’t . Basically the left is making him stronger. 

• Like 1

Just as a lot of people thought...it won't happen today or tomorrow or the next day!!

Two sources familiar told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that the grand jury was canceled amid "major dissension" within the district attorney's office. One source claimed the district attorney is having trouble convincing the grand jury on potential charges due to the "weakness" of the case.

Trump hush-money grand jury proceedings 'canceled' for Wednesday, sources say | Fox News

Edited by blesseddaily
  • Thanks 1

The whole thing was just another attempt to make Pres. Trump look bad but actually has had the opposite affect. He has gotten more free press and just solidified his base better than Pres Trump could have done. Thanks dumbocrats, once again TDS has taken over in the small minds at the DNC!!! Hilarious to watch...just like our TDS infected posters on Smoaky!!! 

Edited by blesseddaily
  • Like 1