Bullard FB

RKS21

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RKS21 said:

Any movement? Is the Board still just worried about Baseball or has that changed?  

Just going to say it like it is—- baseball has ruined more football programs than any other sport in the UIL. I am not questioning ANY one, just stating a foregone conclusion.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Does Bullard have good football players?

A couple of D1 (I don't know them up close and personal so you can hate if you want...just calling it like I see from afar) OL and a potential D1 QB based on measurables/talent that I know of. Not sure what else they have but I KNOW for a fact that they are underachieving. Pretty easy for Carthage to hate on them. They can't compete with you guys regardless, but I do believe they should consistently be a playoff team.

Edited by GoodOleBoy73
Misspelling

Just now, GoodOleBoy73 said:

A couple of D1 (I don't know them up close and personal so you can hate if you want...just calling it like I see from afar) OL and a potentiall D1 QB based on measurables/talent that I know of. Not sure what else they have but I KNOW for a fact that they are underachieving. Pretty easy for Carthage to hate on them. They can't compete with you guys regardless, but I do believe they should consistently be a playoff team.

I wasn’t trying to hate.  My inside sales guy works in Carthage and lives in Bullard.  He always talks about how poor their football program is. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wasn’t trying to hate.  My inside sales guy works in Carthage and lives in Bullard.  He always talks about how poor their football program is. 

I hear you. I'm just telling you...they have kids that could get on the field at any other school in East Texas. Not many but they have a few. When that's the case and you're missing the playoffs...there is a problem.

QB 6'4" 165 and supposedly D1

OL 6'4" 275

OL 6'4" 270

I'm sure there are others.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I hear you. I'm just telling you...they have kids that could get on the field at any other school in East Texas. Not many but they have a few. When that's the case and you're missing the playoffs...there is a problem.

OL 6'4" 275

OL 6'4" 270

Well, they may be able to improve with a new leader. 

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

OL 6'4" 275

OL 6'4" 270

Like I said, they have the best lineman in the district. They are solid all across the line. They are lacking in the skill/speed department. 

Edited by 89Falcon

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

OL 6'4" 275

OL 6'4" 270

Let me guess , with those size lineman Scott was running the ——spread.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, they may be able to improve with a new leader. 

I would think so. Need a guy that can build relationships with the kids and the community to create more buy in and avoid kids going straight baseball/basketball. Bullard is a school that limits chances at success when the best athletes do not play multiple sports.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I would think so. Need a guy that can build relationships with the kids and the community to create more buy in and avoid kids going straight baseball/basketball. Bullard is a school that limits chances at success when the best athletes do not play multiple sports.

Oleboy, with the former coach staying on as AD do you think this will happen? Is this going to be an internal hire or bring in a coach with new direction?