Bullard FB

RKS21

31 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

I heard it could be an outside hire. 

I could definitely be wrong on that guess. I've heard one of the coordinators is the favorite, but I've also heard that both coordinators went after it and that could be a bad sign of course. 

Outside hire would be the smart decision IMO

53 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Sorry I offended you with some truth. Bullard can make an inside hire and continue to be the DoorMat of their district...

Yes, let the underwater polo coach also coach football since it is SO important in Bullard,Texas.

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Sorry I offended you with some truth. Bullard can make an inside hire and continue to be the DoorMat of their district...

They can make an inside hire and also get on a winning run. How much interaction have you had with the Bullard coaches? There are a lot of factors that go into winning situations. Some of the best individual coaching performances have been turned in with teams that may only win a few games. While the "expert class" in the bleachers is oblivious. I can tell you for certainty that the coaches at Bullard are well competent and maximize the cards they are dealt. 

FYI, they were not the "doormat of the district" this year. They went down to the final minutes of making the playoffs against Van.

Edited by 89Falcon

11 hours ago, VonG said:

The citizens of Bullard will never let a coach, coach the way he or she wants to coach their team. They know more than the coach.

Don’t most community coaches know more than the actual coach? After all they are the experts. 

19 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They can make an inside hire and also get on a winning run. How much interaction have you had with the Bullard coaches? There are a lot of factors that go into winning situations. Some of the best individual coaching performances have been turned in with teams that may only win a few games. While the "expert class" in the bleachers is oblivious. I can tell you for certainty that the coaches at Bullard are well competent and maximize the cards they are dealt. 

FYI, they were not the "doormat of the district" this year. They went down to the final minutes of making the playoffs against Van.

Sure...maybe not the true doormat of the district as in last place. But I'll just leave this here...

image.png

I am for Texas High School Football Coaches. I love coaches and what they do for kids. Winning is not ALWAYS the most important, but it is important. Nothing about this shows that you should hire from within. Clearly there needs to be change, but the community would have to support that change. It doesn't seem like the community as a whole cares too much about football. If that's the case, then fine. But you've got to live with consistently being at the bottom of the district.

There are players from Bullard that have gone on to play college football all over the place, including ALABAMA!!!

You're telling me that these coaches have got the most out of their players??? Fine. Feel free to believe that if you'd like. I am done posting on this topic. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Sure...maybe not the true doormat of the district as in last place. But I'll just leave this here...

image.png

I am for Texas High School Football Coaches. I love coaches and what they do for kids. Winning is not ALWAYS the most important, but it is important. Nothing about this shows that you should hire from within. Clearly there needs to be change, but the community would have to support that change. It doesn't seem like the community as a whole cares too much about football. If that's the case, then fine. But you've got to live with consistently being at the bottom of the district.

There are players from Bullard that have gone on to play college football all over the place, including ALABAMA!!!

You're telling me that these coaches have got the most out of their players??? Fine. Feel free to believe that if you'd like. I am done posting on this topic. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.

I'm with you OleBoy, I'm not one to focus solely on coaching record, I think it's a collection of things that determine the type of job you are doing. But when you put it like this!!!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

image.png

I would say that they didn’t focus too much on defense.

5 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

image.png

I am telling you that the coaches have done well with what they have. Bullard dominated the line of scrimmage against many opponents but due the deficiency at the skill positions they were not able to win. This had "not one single thing to do with coaching", they simply did not have the right players at the spots to contain superior athletes. If you watched film of the LOS only you would deduce that Bullard was very successful and it would be a product of the coaching. Those same players show out very well in Powerlifting and is a reflection of the Bullard program and development from the coaches.  

1 hour ago, Destry said:

I would say that they didn’t focus too much on defense.

Yes. They "did not focus on defense". The coaches were unaware that they should "focus on defense".

You should apply, they likely will have a few positions open and you could enlighten them on the benefits of "focusing on defense". It is hard to find this kind of innovation in the coaching community. 

8 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes. They "did not focus on defense". The coaches were unaware that they should "focus on defense".

You should apply, they likely will have a few positions open and you could enlighten them on the benefits of "focusing on defense". It is hard to find this kind of innovation in the coaching community. 

I think it is obvious to some of us that defense is where the deficiencies  in athleticism show up the most.

It is very difficult for LB's and DB's to be in the right place at the right time to make tackles and cover receivers if they are severely out-athleted.

You can scheme and coach to score points. You have to have some dudes to stop people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think it is obvious to some of us that defense is where the deficiencies  in athleticism show up the most.

It is very difficult for LB's and DB's to be in the right place at the right time to make tackles and cover receivers if they are severely out-athleted.

You can scheme and coach to score points. You have to have some dudes to stop people.

Agree 100%

22 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Simmer down Falcon, my statement was done with tongue in cheek, didn’t mean to rile ya.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Destry said:

Don’t most community coaches know more than the actual coach? After all they are the experts. 

That's cute coming from the guy who constantly talks bad about his town's coach/program & other programs. 

1 hour ago, AlBundy said:

That's cute coming from the guy who constantly talks bad about his town's coach/program & other programs. 

Excuse me???? My towns coach and program??? “Son you must be outside your mind”. Obviously you have not read my post with the same literary interpretation that they were intended. 

3 minutes ago, Destry said:

Excuse me???? My towns coach and program??? “Son you must be outside your mind”. Obviously you have not read my post with the same literary interpretation that they were intended. 

Pretty sure I can read. You've made several negative comments about them switching from Wing-t to spread. Even went as far as saying that the coaches didn't know how to coach the spread. 

I also know what program/coach you are referring too. That coach is a long time Wing-t guy, but also won a state championship as OC running the spread. Pretty sure he he can coach both.