2024 Realignment Wish list

Mavchamp

I'm still hoping that Spring Hill drops down to 3A D1 in 2024! Our numbers are the lowest in our current district, and we keep on trolling right on the borderline every time the realignment comes around! I would love to see SH in a district with Gladewater, White Oak, Sabine, Tatum, and maybe Jefferson! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Panther89 said:

I'm still hoping that Spring Hill drops down to 3A D1 in 2024! Our numbers are the lowest in our current district, and we keep on trolling right on the borderline every time the realignment comes around! I would love to see SH in a district with Gladewater, White Oak, Sabine, Tatum, and maybe Jefferson! 

Why? So y'all can go 1-5 in district instead of 0-5? #KillTheHill #RivalriesNeverDie

22 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

I know this is a big school thread right now but looks at the small schools

Will EF Waskom Pewitt DEkalb move down into 2a d1

I

EF will move down. Their enrollment is dropping at a high rate. It won't matter if they lower the cutoff number for 3AD2, EF will drop down. 

!IF! My sources are correct:

EF-WASKOM-NEWTON all could be 2A D1 next realignment.

Atlanta should go back to 4A I’m not sure how they stay down last I heard they were 30 over and keep getting transfers. 

Hooks I don’t think goes up because they weren’t super close last year. 

I don’t know anyone at PP but through a friend of a friend he says they are 3A D2 for at least one more realignment.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:32 AM, BEASTeastTX said:

!IF! My sources are correct:

EF-WASKOM-NEWTON all could be 2A D1 next realignment.

Atlanta should go back to 4A I’m not sure how they stay down last I heard they were 30 over and keep getting transfers. 

Hooks I don’t think goes up because they weren’t super close last year. 

I don’t know anyone at PP but through a friend of a friend he says they are 3A D2 for at least one more realignment.

Pewitt is sitting with less than 230 in the HS right now. 

On 4/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, txk85 said:

i know LEs numbers were decreasing last time but they were still about middle of the pack just a little bit below PG so they'd have to drop a lot more. 

Probably closer to 200 kids separating PG and LE now. PG is close to 800 since the last snapshot. Word is LE has dropped to around 600.

59 minutes ago, swaha said:

Probably closer to 200 kids separating PG and LE now. PG is close to 800 since the last snapshot. Word is LE has dropped to around 600.

i found one that said LE had 618 and PG at 763. i knew PG was growing but really didnt realize that LE was shrinking like it is. Werent they just 4A1 a few years ago?

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

KirtFalcon is telling folks in Nacogdoghes and Shelby Counties that you’re coming out of retirement to coach OAP at Colmesneil. 

Ain't coming out of retirement for any reason....lol.....kirt been to too many uniparty brainwashing meetings with Larry.......

22 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

They would fit right in .... probably drub most of that district .... 

When West Hardin was in a district with Joaquin, Timpson, Garrison in 2020, they beat HI 36-12. WH scored 36 points that entire season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, txk85 said:

i found one that said LE had 618 and PG at 763. i knew PG was growing but really didnt realize that LE was shrinking like it is. Werent they just 4A1 a few years ago?

I went back to 2012, LE was 730 and PG was 593.  LE had a period were they over 750 between 2016 and 2018 period. I think that was when they were 4A 1 playing Princeton. Since then trend has been losing kids.

20 hours ago, txk85 said:

The last realignment numbers had PG at 763 and LE at 624.   The cutoff for 3A D1 was 545.   Recent numbers in the high schools are PG hovering at around 785 and LE hovering at around 545.  LE will probably drop to 3A D1 next year.