Elkhart Hires Cody Day

PostSurfer

On 4/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, nationalpastime said:

A new stadium was on the docket when they put in for the new high school and that was shot down.  Elkhart at one point had 16 kids dressed playing football and was still competitive this past season.

They've also recently had to reach out to former coaches who are APs in the district to help fill out the coaching staff.

As is typical in a lot of small towns, parents have unrealistic expectations of what athletics are in Elkhart and struggle to realize when you have 2 unathletic parents passing down their biological traits, the likelihood of them having athletic kids are very slim.  They've made the playoffs in football, what, once in 10 years or so?  They also don't pay well compared to other schools in the area.  

Despite the factors against them they have really good kids.  Will they compete for a state championship in anything other than powerlifting?  Probably not...but you also won't face some of the problems coaching kids there that you do in other places.

I wish Coach Goode the best.  As an outsider looking in I think he and his staff did the best with the draw they were given.

Yeah this is definitely funny but true. Nothing in that town to bring people in. No athletic talent passed down from generation to generation. Recipe for a tradition of losing seasons. 

On 4/26/2023 at 6:03 PM, Red90fly said:

Are they still competitive in baseball?  Do any of the girls programs compete well?

I remember playing some good games against them in district play when they had the Yont's brothers and Doug Black coaching.

Coach Black was a great one. I would’ve run through a wall for him on Friday night. He gave some of the best pregame speeches I’ve ever heard. He brought coaches to Pewitt that stayed a long time and were a part of all the great teams that have come out of Brahma Land. Reggie Kumrow came when he was there and still runs the offense for the Brahmas.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:03 PM, Red90fly said:

Are they still competitive in baseball?  Do any of the girls programs compete well?

I remember playing some good games against them in district play when they had the Yont's brothers and Doug Black coaching.

Baseball is so-so...they were young this year.  

The only program(s) that are doing well are girl's powerlifting and pole vault.

EISD is pretty poor about communicating stuff. If all the inference is true, what info I see about him reminds me of Sam Wells. 

Hope he can surround himself with assistants of his choosing, a lot of open spots. 

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Elkhart Hires Cody Day