Melissa Cardinals New Stadium Pictures

bigorange

Just now, VonG said:

I know the other thread got derailed. 

yes...very badly. This is great for the kids, Plus it helps compete with the new McKinney and Celina facilities. Got to keep up with the jones. They now have top notch facilities for all sports and a great new high school. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ironic how some of the people that made the decision to spend that much on a football stadium have shown an inability to manage their own finances.  Voting in fiscally irresponsible board members is how you get a boondoggle like this.  Its a damn nice stadium I’ll grant you that but that nice was not necessary except to appease egos. That stadium will rarely if ever see 10,000 people it.  Hell of a recruiting tool.  Absolutely no reason not to win multiple championships now right? 

3 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

Ironic how some of the people that made the decision to spend that much on a football stadium have shown an inability to manage their own finances.  Voting in fiscally irresponsible board members is how you get a boondoggle like this.  Its a damn nice stadium I’ll grant you that but that nice was not necessary except to appease egos. That stadium will rarely if ever see 10,000 people it.  Hell of a recruiting tool.  Absolutely no reason not to win multiple championships now right? 

Based on this response, im certain its NOT ironic that your profile name is what it is.

Edited by chevyman
  • Love 1
  • LOL! 3

On 4/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, CrankyOldMan said:

If the majority of the people voted yes for this how is it irresponsible? Should people not get a say in how they spend there money? If the majority opposed the new stadium and indoor facility then that would be one thing, but most people clearly wanted it. It was no secrete what the stadium would cost and what it would look like and the community as a whole wanted it. 

• Like 1

Folks whining about high schools building these fabulous athletic facilities with very little or absolutely zero monetary consequences to them or the tax base as a whole will always baffle me.

I think it’s just older folk who don’t fully understand the process and how it works money-wise who grew up in a time when making $20/hr was good money and whose parents fought in WWI or WWII.

Basically, they’re super cautious and super suspicious of everything in life so they don’t think it is possible to have these things without their taxes going sky high.  And then they also just don’t think it’s needed at all and just want the kids to use the same jerseys and helmets for years and years before replacing them passing them down from year to year.

Older folks are cautious, suspicious and frugal.

Being responsible with your finances IS paramount in your personal and professional life, but when a school can get these things built at no added cost to the tax base, WHY NOT????!

And if there is a tax increase, but it gets voted in there’s no sense in whining about, it’s done and it’s not like it’s going to change your life anyhow.

• Like 1

Looks almost exactly like the New Caney ISD (Randall Reed) 9000 seat stadium built 6 -7 years ago.  Must be same architect and contractors. Melissa is up in that North of Dallas urban sprawl with McKinney right on up Hwy 75 toward Sherman, which is really growing too. I remember when Frisco, Prosper and Little Elm were nothing but small towns in those areas. Now they are all 5A and 6A schools with nice state of the art stadiums.Coach Cruz (@SwimCoachJen) / Twitter

Edited by PackAttack