Updated: Mineral Wells Hires Cody Worrell

Mr. P

Just now, MattStepp said:

dont be afraid to click that link...need those page hits lol

I never click any links ever. I manually type in every URL address through gritted teeth. 

5 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

Tough place to coach.

No, it’s not.  

It is a wonderful district to work in.  We have had solid athletes sprinkled throughout my 6 years at mineral wells, and the previous 3 years before that were extremely talented teams.

Mineral Wells should be a playoff team for at least the next 3 years.  I am still on the fence about this current 7th grade group, but Mineral Wells is a growing athletic program with 100% support from administration.  It also pays extremely well and we have a 4 day school week.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

No, it’s not.  

It is a wonderful district to work in.  We have had solid athletes sprinkled throughout my 6 years at mineral wells, and the previous 3 years before that were extremely talented teams.

Mineral Wells should be a playoff team for at least the next 3 years.  I am still on the fence about this current 7th grade group, but Mineral Wells is a growing athletic program with 100% support from administration.  It also pays extremely well and we have a 4 day school week.

Agree with this. Mineral Wells has it going in the right direction. Good luck in the search for a new head coach.

3 hours ago, Cowboy4L said:

Great facilities!

I left that part out.  Besides our baseball and softball dressing rooms, everything about our facilities are above average to excellent.  We are literally just in the middle of nowhere an hour NW of Ft Worth.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:31 PM, Coach Rab said:

I left that part out.  Besides our baseball and softball dressing rooms, everything about our facilities are above average to excellent.  We are literally just in the middle of nowhere an hour NW of Ft Worth.

Y'all have that haunted hotel too. That has to bring in some folks. 

27 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Y'all have that haunted hotel too. That has to bring in some folks. 

🤣  Yes.  The Baker is being restored.  Plenty of ghost stories about it.  It has been featured on a few documentaries as well as the Ghost Hunters show that A&E or Discovery had on at some point.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:21 PM, Coach Rab said:

No, it’s not.  

I meant no disrespect.   And if y'all have it going the right way I applaud you.  I was just stating that over the course of the last thirty plus years there have been a bunch of good coaches go through there and could not stick.  Starting with Coach West one of the most respected names in the state who had them going great and got run off because they wanted to "go in a different direction".  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

I meant no disrespect.   And if y'all have it going the right way I applaud you.  I was just stating that over the course of the last thirty plus years there have been a bunch of good coaches go through there and could not stick.  Starting with Coach West one of the most respected names in the state who had them going great and got run off because they wanted to "go in a different direction".  

Oh, the long history of MW football has not been good.  The recent history has been up and down.  8-2 (3rd round) followed by 7-3 (1st round) 3-7 (1st round) then the tank 0-9 (HC Change), 3-7 with basically freshmen, this year was 4-6 (I think), maybe 3-7 with pretty much all sophomores.  Like I said, if the next guy doesn't make the playoffs in 2023 and 2024, then we might be looking for another guy that quick.  This place has the athletes and besides Decatur, a district and area that should be winnable.  

15 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

Oh, the long history of MW football has not been good.  The recent history has been up and down.  8-2 (3rd round) followed by 7-3 (1st round) 3-7 (1st round) then the tank 0-9 (HC Change), 3-7 with basically freshmen, this year was 4-6 (I think), maybe 3-7 with pretty much all sophomores.  Like I said, if the next guy doesn't make the playoffs in 2023 and 2024, then we might be looking for another guy that quick.  This place has the athletes and besides Decatur, a district and area that should be winnable.  

Funny you should mention Decatur.  When I retired six years ago this is where I wound up.   They got it going on here.

24 minutes ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

Funny you should mention Decatur.  When I retired six years ago this is where I wound up.   They got it going on here.

It’s a machine.  Their AD is making like $160k too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

https://archive.ph/p9y3e

Mineral Wells football coach resigns after complaint he struck two players with stick

Mineral Wells football coach and athletic director Seth Hobbs has resigned after two players alleged that he hit them with a broomstick, the school district announced Monday.

Hobbs resigned Wednesday, effective June 30.

Mineral Wells officials began an investigation on April 6 after receiving a complaint that he had used vulgar language and struck the players with the stick, which has a Nerf football attached to it and is usually used for drills. Hobbs was placed on administrative leave by the end of the day.

Administrators decided to remove Hobbs from his coaching duties, the district said, but keep him on staff in another role because he recently signed a two-year contract. Hobbs decided to resign, the district said. This is Hobbs’ sixth year with the school.

“MWISD wants to inform the Mineral Wells community that this conduct is a violation of board policy, the MWISD Employee Handbook, the Educator’s Code of Ethics, and of general coaching and teaching norms,” the district said in a statement.

Hobbs did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coach Rab changed the title to Updated: Mineral Wells Hires Cody Worrell