Updated: Mineral Wells Hires Cody Worrell

Mr. P

2 hours ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

Not like there is any hurry or anything. Heck go ahead a move it back to the June Meeting.    LOL

Interviews have been completed.  Yes, we were late to the game.  However, there are state laws and procedures that have to be followed.  We also weren’t supposed to be in this situation this year.  

There were some good candidates.  The earliest that MW could even consider announcing would be this Thursday, but we already have a board meeting set for the following Monday.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

Interviews have been completed.  Yes, we were late to the game.  However, there are state laws and procedures that have to be followed.  We also weren’t supposed to be in this situation this year.  

There were some good candidates.  The earliest that MW could even consider announcing would be this Thursday, but we already have a board meeting set for the following Monday.

So..where is the new guy coming from?? 

50 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

What's up with all these facts you're bringing to this discussion. No place for that here!🤪🤣

52 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

The timing is tough especially if MW hires a current HC. Then that school is really in a tough spot if they cannot promote a coordinator. Wild times.

2 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

The timing is tough especially if MW hires a current HC. Then that school is really in a tough spot if they cannot promote a coordinator. Wild times.

I heard it was a coordinator from Houston area with ties to DFW…

3 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

Coordinator, the DC, was not interested in applying because he wanted to stay and didn't want to encroach on the new guy.  

Our OC left immediately after the season due to family responsibilities.

I am not sure anyone else on staff is even remotely qualified for this position.

1 hour ago, Coach Rab said:

Coordinator, the DC, was not interested in applying because he wanted to stay and didn't want to encroach on the new guy.  

Our OC left immediately after the season due to family responsibilities.

I am not sure anyone else on staff is even remotely qualified for this position.

Yessir. I wasn't talking about hiring coordinators on your staff. I was more speaking to the movement that will impact other programs when this hire is made. Good luck to y'all. 

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Well he was in the fringe Houston area until a month ago

I always felt like it was a midway point.  Nothing Houston about it 🤣

nevermind, just looked it up. Closer to Houston than I remember it.  

• LOL! 2

4 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

This thread is about to derail into a thread about geography (opinions about geography really)....

Just don't bring up where East Texas "officially" begins and ends. You'll have dudes rolling up in here with more charts and graphics than an End Times debate. 

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Just don't bring up where East Texas "officially" begins and ends. You'll have dudes rolling up in here with more charts and graphics than an End Times debate. 

We've had many debates on the subject in the AT&T Stadium pressbox with the great Gabe Brooks lol

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 3
  • LOL! 1

17 hours ago, Mr. P said:

THat is easy.  North of a line from Beaumont to Conroe.  East of a straight line from Conroe to Paris.   Problem solved.  LOL

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

THat is easy.  North of a line from Beaumont to Conroe.  East of a straight line from Conroe to Paris.   Problem solved.  LOL

PACE-COWBOYS-GET-A-ROPE.gif

19 hours ago, MattStepp said:

We've had many debates on the subject in the AT&T Stadium pressbox with the great Gabe Brooks lol

This morning, on the radio, Jane Slater was talking about how she was an East Texas girl from Rowlett 🤣  I was yelling at my dashboard talking about how she crossed a line with that statement!

• LOL! 1

• Coach Rab changed the title to Updated: Mineral Wells Hires Cody Worrell