USFL 2023 Thread

Pretty good game to kickoff the 2nd season of the superior spring football league. Philadelphia Stars hold on to beat the Memphis Showboats 27-23. You starting to see the effects that continuity is having on these teams. Players and coaches going into their sophomore season of working together. The play on the field is much improved. Stoney’s USFL defending champion Birmingham Stallions are taking on Donald Trump’s former team, the New Jersey Generals in a prime time matchup. Stallions should have no problem playing Biden to the Trumpsters and sending them packing to the pen.

USFL week 2 has Memphis Showboats (0-1) playing Stoney’s Birmingham Stallions (1-0.) Can Alex McGough handle the full time QB gig for the Stallions? Can rookie Brady White continue his hot play for Memphis?

On 4/16/2023 at 8:48 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Empty stadiums I'm assuming, UNLIKE the real premier spring league, the XFL......

FB_IMG_1681652851446.jpg

Watched the Houston vs Memphis game today. It came right down to the wire but Gamblers won. I think there was more players, staff, officials and cheersquad than there was fans. Hope they ain't dependent on ticket sales to stay 'alive'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Did the Gamblers make it???

Absolutely no clue, 1st USFL game I've watched all season 😂 

Only watching cause it's win and make the playoffs, loser goes home for the season. It's literally the last regular season USFL game. 

• LOL! 1