2023 Official SDC NFL Draft Thread

A little bit of draft smoke for the Cowboys. Keep an eye on Iowa TE Sam LaPorta at 26. Kids 6-3, 245 runs a 4.59 40. Kid can hold his own as a blocker but isn't a road grader. Kid isn't a downfield threat but is a solid receiver. He's a day 2 pick for me. I'd be rea curious how the Cowboys TE board would look.

4 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Texans aren’t playing around. I don’t like Stroud, but definitely bold moves from the Texans…

Same here Topher. Not a Stroud fan but if he hits I'd be impressed. That trade for Will Anderson was unexpected.

With all of the talent still left on the board, I believe that the cowboys could have gotten this guy in the 2nd, if not 3rd round.  But then again, it is the Cowboys.....exactly when was the last time they won a super bowl for Jones? 🤣

Especially with Nolan Smith still on the board, not to mention they still need a corner, and Joey Porter Jr. was still there also.....remember those years when the Cowboys would get the best Athlete available and make them into great players. How we long for the "good ole days"....

18 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

With all of the talent still left on the board, I believe that the cowboys could have gotten this guy in the 2nd, if not 3rd round.  But then again, it is the Cowboys.....exactly when was the last time they won a super bowl for Jones? 🤣

Especially with Nolan Smith still on the board, not to mention they still need a corner, and Joey Porter Jr. was still there also.....remember those years when the Cowboys would get the best Athlete available and make them into great players. How we long for the "good ole days"....

They have decent edge rushers, I think that's why they passed on Nolan Smith. The Cowboys were 22nd against the run last year. They struggled to stop it. Joey Porter Jr. has good genes and I would welcome him. There's still a lot of talent on the board. I think they draft a TE today, the kid from Iowa or Oregon St. In the 3rd rd, I could see them grabbing a RB.

Edited by MeanGreenDogs64

Nolan Smith being there at 26 was a heck of a value. Mazi Smith is an interesting player at 1T. Player is good against the run but he's also going to give you some pass rush from there. When's the last time Dallas had that? Jay Ratliff out of the 3-4? This defense is starting to shape up into quite a unit. (That's what she said.) Kid can handle double teams and can destroy single man. 

13 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

The Cowboys have struggled against the run. He should be able to clog up the middle. This is a win for our edge rushers and LBs. He was ranked 33 overall on my favorite Cowboys writer Bob Sturms board. He was number 14 on the Dallas draft board.

Bob Sturm needs to stick to hockey.