Sherman

bradbankman

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cowboy4L said:

This one has been quiet for a while. Any updates?!?

At this point interviews are done....I dont believe a 2nd round has been conducted...so now its just a waiting game for them to make a decision and the call...my guess is they know who they want and if they haven't contacted anyone the call will be made in the next 48 hrs

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Being told now the hire won't be Monday that they have decided to conduct a 2nd round of interviews this week with 2-3 finalists

I was waiting to hold this until tomorrow because of TV but yes, nothing at the Monday board meeting. There is a chance they'll make an announcement later in the week but we could be going day by day at this point

On 5/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, JasonDellaRosa said:

I was waiting to hold this until tomorrow because of TV but yes, nothing at the Monday board meeting. There is a chance they'll make an announcement later in the week but we could be going day by day at this point

Any idea who is in on it? Or what area these guys may be from??

They were the seventh best team in Grayson County last year behind in no particular order:

Denison, Whitesboro, Gunter, Pottsboro, Van Alstyne and Bells

all of which are smaller schools and most of them much smaller!

Only would have beaten Tom Bean, Whitewright, Howe, Collinsville,  and S&S

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cowboy4L said:

Any idea who is in on it? Or what area these guys may be from??

I do know most of the initial interviews, not going to reveal. Will say the profile for the opening leans towards prior head coaching experience and the younger side. If you drew a line across the state, it's going to come from the top half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShoelessJoe said:

Sherman is growing like crazy.  Possibility of even going 6A next realignment.  That would not end well. They wouldn’t even win district in most area AAA or AAAA in many sports.

They will be going 6A unless there's a crazy jump in the cutoff -- as of last week they were projected to have 2,322 entering the school year

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don't think so.

Most of the growth in Sherman from my understanding is due to Texas Instruments expanding and a couple of other plants....I think much of the new growth is to the east and west of town and eventually the 75 corridor coming into town from McKinney will be all built up...Melissa is already booming, Anna is booming and Van Alstyne and Howe are soon to follow....

Denison is more isolated from the growth since they are 5 miles north but I imagine there could be some spillover to the north

• Like 1