Is Harmony the 3A D2 Region 3 Favorite ?

BEASTeastTX

In a sentence I never thought I would type on a smoaky thread…. Are the Harmony eagles the pre season favorite for region 3 D2???? They don’t graduate a lot. 
They beat Newton who graduated the house. 
Daingerfield doesn’t graduate just a ton. 
I don’t know who else will challenge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEASTeastTX said:

In a sentence I never thought I would type on a smoaky thread…. Are the Harmony eagles the pre season favorite for region 3 D2???? They don’t graduate a lot. 

Imo no. They got hot at the right time last year. Right after we beat the brake shoes off them. They are huge but I don't think they're going to be as good as what we got coming in this next season.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Since they won it last year and bring back almost everything including their QB I think they will be the favorite until someone whips them. 

It is going to happen. Daingerfield will beat them handily. Clock strikes midnight and Harmony turns back into Harmony. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

We'll take care of that lol hows waskom going to be @Wild74

Lost our entire backfield again, will have all 10th graders in the backfield and I think 3 returning offensive lineman. Couple of Seniors that would have played at Waskom left, think they went to Marshall, one got into trouble and had to say adios. We will have a lot of speed in the backfield with no varsity experience say one who played as a freshman. If I was to guess I would say Waskom could place 3rd or 4th in district. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Lost our entire backfield again, will have all 10th graders in the backfield and I think 3 returning offensive lineman. Couple of Seniors that would have played at Waskom left, think they went to Marshall, one got into trouble and had to say adios. We will have a lot of speed in the backfield with no varsity experience say one who played as a freshman. If I was to guess I would say Waskom could place 3rd or 4th in district. 

The district as a whole is down, down. It's "Wild" that we are talking about Waskom trying to finish 3rd or 4th in a down, down district. With the speed they have in this district they should easily secure 3rd in this district. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

The district as a whole is down, down. It's "Wild" that we are talking about Waskom trying to finish 3rd or 4th in a down, down district. With the speed they have in this district they should easily secure 3rd in this district. 

Not necessarily a down district. There's just a few thats head and shoulders better and have been for some time imo. Then harmony snuck in and surprised ALOT of folks last year. Waskom will be waskom and compete against everyone. Dfield is loaded coming back but we did lose a few key pieces but we have a few that will step right in and make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Not necessarily a down district. There's just a few thats head and shoulders better and have been for some time imo. Then harmony snuck in and surprised ALOT of folks last year. Waskom will be waskom and compete against everyone. Dfield is loaded coming back but we did lose a few key pieces but we have a few that will step right in and make a difference. 

I should see it more from your perspective, as a glass half full point of view. QC, ND were not good last year and I haven't seen EF field a team like they had last year in pretty long time. I think this is a big year in determining the direction of several of these programs specifically EF, Waskom, and ND. All 3 have coaches entering their 2nd year, what happens this year may determine their path moving forward. 

1 hour ago, BigWhoop said:

I should see it more from your perspective, as a glass half full point of view. QC, ND were not good last year and I haven't seen EF field a team like they had last year in pretty long time. I think this is a big year in determining the direction of several of these programs specifically EF, Waskom, and ND. All 3 have coaches entering their 2nd year, what happens this year may determine their path moving forward. 

EF is going through some tough times they may be weaker this year than last year. I expect them to drop to 2A next year and Waskom will be on that bubble also even though our numbers are a little higher than EF

1 hour ago, BigWhoop said:

EF will be worse this coming year than last. And that has zero to do with their coach. EF kids are leaving in bunches. The kids that stay and the coaches that stay will give it everything they have but they have low, low numbers. It's really a shame to see how a school can go down hill so quickly. 

18 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

EF is going through some tough times they may be weaker this year than last year. I expect them to drop to 2A next year and Waskom will be on that bubble also even though our numbers are a little higher than EF

EF will definitely drop to 2A in the next reclassification. Not only are they losing high school kids, they are losing 7th and 8th graders at the same rate. EF may end up like Karnack in a few years if they don't make some changes. 

9 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF will be worse this coming year than last. And that has zero to do with their coach. EF kids are leaving in bunches. The kids that stay and the coaches that stay will give it everything they have but they have low, low numbers. It's really a shame to see how a school can go down hill so quickly. 

EF will definitely drop to 2A in the next reclassification. Not only are they losing high school kids, they are losing 7th and 8th graders at the same rate. EF may end up like Karnack in a few years if they don't make some changes. 

Why are so many kids leaving all at once? If you cannot mention on site, I understand. 

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Wow.... thats terrible. I definitely didn't know that many have left. I knew a few but damn thats bad for bidness.

3 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

Why are so many kids leaving all at once? If you cannot mention on site, I understand. 

I'll give my opinion and not sure if I will get my response whacked or not. But without giving a lot of details

EF Superintendent

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, BEASTeastTX said:

no. That region is so tough some body will rise up and be rolling by playoffs