Is Harmony the 3A D2 Region 3 Favorite ?

BEASTeastTX

19 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Nah. Just waiting for the day Tatum reaches its full potential. Or at least the potential you guys are insist y’all have. 

Believe me when I tell you that the talent has been there. Maybe not Championship talent, but talent better than how we’ve performed. 

15 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Imo Tatum overachieved last season 

Yep. Had a little talent but played better than most felt they should have in the new system. Good coaches, a QB that knows the system, and kids picking up assignments faster than expected were all factors. 

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird

39 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. Had a little talent but played better than most felt they should have in the new system. Good coaches, a QB that knows the system, and kids picking up assignments faster than expected were all factors. 

Be interesting to see how they do this year. Lost a few dominant linemen. Will be difficult to replace. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

How did the fans take the new system?

1 hour ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Didn't see much of them but don't remember any lineman standing out as dominant.

Welch is likely the best Center that I have seen for the last few years. Fite will be starting on the DL in the PAC 12 this year as a true freshman. They were "dominant". 

Edited by 89Falcon

The answer to the OP is yes. Harmony had a huge jr class that have won a lot of games, not just last years final four run. They’ll return 10 starters on offense and 9 on defense. They should be the favorite, that doesn’t mean anything other than they won’t sneak up on anyone this season. 

They lose 1 starting OL who also started at DT and 1 starting CB, he also played some slot WR but was a starter. There is some talk about the starter at slot WR and OLB/S will play next year he tore his ACL on the last play vs Poth. 

There is plenty of talent back this year and while they’ll never have the team speed of teams like Dangerfield, Waskom, or Tatum they have some pretty good football players. 

9 hours ago, 2017Patriot said:

Daingerfield beat the best Harmony team they have ever fielded  48-21. Until they beat Daingerfield they will never be favored to win anything. 

My thoughts too. 

They got the West Rusk monkey off their back last year. They need to get DF next.

I'm not sure about Waskom but EF is never going to be any good again. Enrollment is dropping and no Athletes and the Coaching is sub par in my opinion. Waskom is seeing the decline after Keeling and it will continue in my opinion. He would have never lost kids to another school. He gained them lol

30 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I'm not sure about Waskom but EF is never going to be any good again. Enrollment is dropping and no Athletes and the Coaching is sub par in my opinion. Waskom is seeing the decline after Keeling and it will continue in my opinion. He would have never lost kids to another school. He gained them lol

That might change if they fall to 2A.

Waskom still has athletes as well. They will just be young this year.

Edited by Valhalla

45 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I'm not sure about Waskom but EF is never going to be any good again. Enrollment is dropping and no Athletes and the Coaching is sub par in my opinion. 

I don't think it's coaching. I think Crow has done a pretty good job with what he has to work with. He was dealt a bad hand to start and then the unfortunate incident with his best athlete and another player involved. Now, you have a couple of others transferred out. Scott Surratt would not win with the talent EF has right now. EF's issue is teacher, coaching or staff pay and a Superintendent that has no business being a Superintendent. The Sup wasn't even qualified for the job when they got it. That's why kids are leaving and EF won't be any good anytime soon. Make a change at the top and things could turn around with the right Superintendent hire. But 5 members of the school board and the Superintendent have put EF in the position they are in.  

52 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I think the impact of what Keeling did at Waskom gets lost on people. Some think anyone could do what was done since "Waskom has athletes." I think the new coach has a lot to prove in the upcoming years. Can he come even remotely close to what Keeling did?  If he doesn't, it isn't because he doesn't have the players, go back and read how many posts reference the Waskom talent or the Waskom athletes. Losing 2 returning seniors does not sound like a step in that direction, but maybe it was addition by subtraction. I mentioned earlier this district is down, down and I believe it is. If Waskom doesn't secure 3rd with ease, it will be telling.

22 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

I think the impact of what Keeling did at Waskom gets lost on people. Some think anyone could do what was done since "Waskom has athletes." I think the new coach has a lot to prove in the upcoming years. Can he come even remotely close to what Keeling did?  If he doesn't, it isn't because he doesn't have the players, go back and read how many posts reference the Waskom talent or the Waskom athletes. Losing 2 returning seniors does not sound like a step in that direction, but maybe it was addition by subtraction. I mentioned earlier this district is down, down and I believe it is. If Waskom doesn't secure 3rd with ease, it will be telling.

Doing what Keeling did is hard at any place.

I am saying that it is not like Waskom is going to turn into Queen City. They should still be a playoff team.

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Doing what Keeling did is hard at any place.

I am saying that it is not like Waskom is going to turn into Queen City. They should still be a playoff team.

Agreed with Keeling comment. 

Here is follow up question regarding your barb at QC. What was Waskom before Keeling? Much playoff success, state championships, or even deep playoff runs?

51 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I don't think it's coaching. I think Crow has done a pretty good job with what he has to work with. He was dealt a bad hand to start and then the unfortunate incident with his best athlete and another player involved. Now, you have a couple of others transferred out. Scott Surratt would not win with the talent EF has right now. EF's issue is teacher, coaching or staff pay and a Superintendent that has no business being a Superintendent. The Sup wasn't even qualified for the job when they got it. That's why kids are leaving and EF won't be any good anytime soon. Make a change at the top and things could turn around with the right Superintendent hire. But 5 members of the school board and the Superintendent have put EF in the position they are in.  

Difficult, difficult situation losing a kid in the manner you mentioned. There is no way that doesn't have an impact on every aspect of that community. 🙏