Is Harmony the 3A D2 Region 3 Favorite ?

BEASTeastTX

14 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

Agreed with Keeling comment. 

Here is follow up question regarding your barb at QC. What was Waskom before Keeling? Much playoff success, state championships, or even deep playoff runs?

They were not great, but they have also had success for the last decade. That is not just something that will fade away completely. They will have athletes to work with. When they inevitability drop down to 2A whether its next year or three years from now then that athletic advantage will become even bigger. 

55 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They were not great, but they have also had success for the last decade. That is not just something that will fade away completely. They will have athletes to work with. When they inevitability drop down to 2A whether its next year or three years from now then that athletic advantage will become even bigger. 

Like I was saying. People so quickly dismiss the impact Keeling had on that place and think just because there "athletes to work with" the same results are going to follow.

34 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

Like I was saying. People so quickly dismiss the impact Keeling had on that place and think just because there "athletes to work with" the same results are going to follow.

Who has dismissed the impact Keeling had at Waskom? I know it’s not any of the Waskom fans. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Nobody is.

I just don't think they will become a bottom dweller again without Keeling.

I don't see Waskom having many down times in the next 4 or 5 years. 2023 will be a year that most teams go through after losing big Senior classes and Waskom lost a lot the last two years. Waskom has some really good ballplayers that will learn about varsity football this year, right off the bat I look for losses to Harmony, Daingerfield and Timpson possibly Sabine. Not sure what PP has coming back as that game was canceled last year. We could go 6-4 or 5-5 anything above that will surprise me anything below that will disappoint. Keelings years was a dream come true but he struggled at first also as he built his program. Pearson was there during the struggles and the championship years. Pearson wasn't successful at Brownsboro but looking back over their history that is true for most of the coaches they have had. I do have a question for DF and Harmony, was Harmony's QB knocked out early in that game are did he play at all. That could be the reason the score was lopsided as Harmony's QB is the real deal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I don't see Waskom having many down times in the next 4 or 5 years. 2023 will be a year that most teams go through after losing big Senior classes and Waskom lost a lot the last two years. Waskom has some really good ballplayers that will learn about varsity football this year, right off the bat I look for losses to Harmony, Daingerfield and Timpson possibly Sabine. Not sure what PP has coming back as that game was canceled last year. We could go 6-4 or 5-5 anything above that will surprise me anything below that will disappoint. Keelings years was a dream come true but he struggled at first also as he built his program. Pearson was there during the struggles and the championship years. Pearson wasn't successful at Brownsboro but looking back over their history that is true for most of the coaches they have had. I do have a question for DF and Harmony, was Harmony's QB knocked out early in that game are did he play at all. That could be the reason the score was lopsided as Harmony's QB is the real deal. 

He got knocked out early in the 1st half if I remember correctly 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RunTheRock said:

Biggest difference in Waskom is the lack of discipline in the program. Keeling had those dudes locked in. Waskom has been in brawls in every sport. It starts at the top. 

There was brawls when Keeling was there, he kicked folks off the team and Pearson has done the same, a lot of the brawlers as you described them have moved on, one graduated this year and the other two have left and one was kicked off the team. I'm glad to see them go. 

15 hours ago, Wild74 said:

He was knocked out in the first quarter, either drive two or three. He scored a rushing touchdown and left after the next drive. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 5:20 PM, Wild74 said:

Wild74 I like the optimism.  I hope the optimism continues and you are singing this same tune come the end of football season. 

If i was sitting at Harmony I would definetly think so.  After going 0-4, they ran district until loosing their quarterback early in the Daingerfield game (someone said 2nd drive idk).  Then they make a run, including beating a good Newton team that knocked off thier district champs. If they aren't favorites, someone will have to convince them of that during the season....

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

Wild74 I like the optimism.  I hope the optimism continues and you are singing this same tune come the end of football season. 

If I was being optimist I would have said 7-3, 6-4 & 5-5 is obtainable from a young team with inexperience but lots of speed. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, Wild74 said:

If I was being optimist I would have said 7-3, 6-4 & 5-5 is obtainable from a young team with inexperience but lots of speed. 

This is what I'm saying when I say people dismiss what Keeling did in his time in Waskom. The phrase, "Waskom will be Waskom" was never said prior to Keeling. After Keeling's tenure, there are high expectations that Waskom never had. The "lots of speed" you mentioned was not evident in the track program after looking at the district/area results.  Waskom has always had kids that could run. Keeling built a championship program with the WHAT he did and HOW he did it, there is more to it than "lots of speed."

You also mentioned that you were "glad" to see those two kids leave your program AND it may have actually been a positive and been what was truly best for the program. But we will know the answer to that very soon. When kids start to leave, it is usually the tip of the iceberg and you can expect to lose other kids. I hope this is not the case and Waskom continues to be relevant as Keeling made them instead of the door mat they were before he got there. Good luck to you Waskom Wildcats.  

Edited by BigWhoop

7 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

This is what I'm saying when I say people dismiss what Keeling did in his time in Waskom. The phrase, "Waskom will be Waskom" was never said prior to Keeling. After Keeling's tenure, there are high expectations that Waskom never had. The "lots of speed" you mentioned was not evident in the track program after looking at the district/area results.  Waskom has always had kids that could run. Keeling built a championship program with the WHAT he did and HOW he did it, there is more to it than "lots of speed."

You also mentioned that you were "glad" to see those two kids leave your program AND it may have actually been a positive and been what was truly best for the program. But we will know the answer to that very soon. When kids start to leave, it is usually the tip of the iceberg and you can expect to lose other kids. I hope this is not the case and Waskom continues to be relevant as Keeling made them instead of the door mat they were before he got there. Good luck to you Waskom Wildcats.  

Who made Keeling relevant?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 10:06 AM, Ijustwatch said:

EF lost Starting QB to Beckville Good golly

He's been gone. Left before school was out. They have lost a few female athletes to Beckville as well. The Sup has just about put the finishing touches on EF. You can thank the board members for hiring her without conducting any interviews with more qualified candidates that had applied. 

• Love 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Believe me when I tell you that the talent has been there. Maybe not Championship talent, but talent better than how we’ve performed. 

When I saw this post I thought that someone from Tatum would be the first to say otherwise. 

On 5/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

He's been gone. Left before school was out. They have lost a few female athletes to Beckville as well. The Sup has just about put the finishing touches on EF. You can thank the board members for hiring her without conducting any interviews with more qualified candidates that had applied. 

Waskom has lost two to Marshall and just lost one to Calvary in Shreveport, the last one would have been a 10th grader and had great potential. The first two didn't hurt my feelings the last one did

• Wow 1