GOP Texas Rep Resigns After Sexual Misconduct

BarryLaverty

I voted against this guy in every election....he was sleazy prior to having the job and still is. I don't care if he is GOP/DEM/LIB/CON--this guy has been a sleaze ball since we moved back to Texas 10 years ago....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

19 isn't a child; it's a consenting adult. 

Interesting take on what would normally be seen at the least as sexual harassment of a teenager. Oh, that's why they were going to vote to expel him. Should have had you lawyering for him. 

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Interesting take on what would normally be seen at the least as sexual harassment of a teenager. Oh, that's why they were going to vote to expel him. Should have had you lawyering for him. 

19 is an adult....and the goppers were going to expel him, unlike dimnuts who coddle their actual perverts........

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Her age has nothing to do with why they were going to vote to expel him. Did you read the article? I mean, you posted it. 

'found he violated House rules by engaging in inappropriate workplace conduct, specifically sexual harassment and retaliation.'

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

19 is an adult....

In today's legal terms...then yes.....but was she 19 when the stuff happened? Haven't read anything about it locally....which they are trying to hide some of the information, I am sure.....and did she really consent, or was she cohearsed by a more powerful boss.....did he rape her.....all things that I should probably know, but don't. Either way, he is afforded at trial by jury if there is a lawsuit and is innocent until proven guilty....Glad that he resigned, so I don't have to put up with his bull :poop: any more... Just have to wonder which "good ole boy" will be next for our area.....

• Thanks 1

Clearly it's okay to get drunk young girls and have sex with them then, if you are a representative and they are interns, because they are old enough to vote, while also threatening and intimidating other young interns not to tell? Did I get that right? This wasn't at least immoral, unethical, and wrong? 

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

In today's legal terms...then yes.....but was she 19 when the stuff happened? Haven't read anything about it locally....which they are trying to hide some of the information, I am sure.....and did she really consent, or was she cohearsed by a more powerful boss.....did he rape her.....all things that I should probably know, but don't. Either way, he is afforded at trial by jury if there is a lawsuit and is innocent until proven guilty....Glad that he resigned, so I don't have to put up with his bull :poop: any more... Just have to wonder which "good ole boy" will be next for our area.....

A dim doing the same thing would have been ignored........

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Clearly it's okay to get drunk young girls and have sex with them then, if you are a representative and they are interns, because they are old enough to vote, while also threatening and intimidating other young interns not to tell? Did I get that right? This wasn't at least immoral, unethical, and wrong? 

Would have been totally ignored if it were a dimnut........

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

According to the article, he invited her to his apartment where she had way too much alcohol, and the two had sex in early morning...

'The report found that the aide could not effectively consent nor indicate whether sex was welcome or unwelcome. The committee did not address the question of whether Slaton committed sexual assault, saying it did not have "sufficient facts" to undertake the analysis.'

He then apparently sent threatening emails,

'The committee found that Slaton later engaged in harassment and retaliation to prevent staffers from speaking about his conduct. The aide testified that Slaton showed her an anonymous "threatening" email from someone claiming to know he had slept with a staffer. She said she became "really fearful" that she would lose her job. She said Slaton told her “everything would be fine. Everyone involved just has to stay quiet,” according to the report.'

This is all why he was going to be expelled, and why he resigned. Her age had nothing to do with it.

• Roll Eyes 1

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

No one said what he did wasn't wrong. I simply corrected the false narrative you tried to spin it as. But, democrats seem to do that often. 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

You’re rolling eyes for me quoting an article you posted. 😆

Your spin and cover for that sleazoid is at odds with the high moral horse you have recently been riding. You covering for the guy because he has attacked drag shows or because you see nothing wrong with an elected official basically date raping a teenager? Very iffy. 

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That is true, but the answer to his question is, “Yes.”

No need to deflect.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Coercing a young lady as an authority figure = no good. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Your spin and cover for that sleazoid is at odds with the high moral horse you have recently been riding. You covering for the guy because he has attacked drag shows or because you see nothing wrong with an elected official basically date raping a teenager? Very iffy. 

My spin? Look at my comment again. I literally copied and pasted from the article you shared, simply to show the girls age is a moot point. If you have a problem with that, then perhaps you should’ve read the article before posting it. 

And where in the world have I covered for him? I’m pretty sure I already stated the guy is wrong, just not for the reason you stated when you posted the article. 
The guy is a sleazeball and deserves to be expelled. Where you think I defended him is beyond me.

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

28 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is true, but the answer to his question is, “Yes.”

No need to deflect.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Coercing a young lady as an authority figure = no good. 

I stand 100% with my answer and don't need correction from anyone......

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

The only difference between this guy and a democrat is he resigned if he was a dimwit he would still be in office

He resigned because, unlike dimnuts, he was going to be expelled.......dimnuts would obfuscate, lie, and there would be some mass shooting or terrorist attack to give the "media" an out from having to cover it......

• Like 1