EV

DB2point0

48 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hahahahaha!

Lol I posted this for the lolz.  Seriously though I got no problem with EV per se. I'm a big fan of stuff that works,  and this just isn't quiet there yet.  I have a battery powered push mower and love it!  It works great.  I hate 2 cycle engines.  They suck.  As soon as my stihl trimmer dies,  I'll get a battery powered trimmer too.  The only hassle I have when I do yardwork is getting that stupid trimmer to crank and stay cranked.

58 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Lol I posted this for the lolz.  Seriously though I got no problem with EV per se. I'm a big fan of stuff that works,  and this just isn't quiet there yet.  I have a battery powered push mower and love it!  It works great.  I hate 2 cycle engines.  They suck.  As soon as my stihl trimmer dies,  I'll get a battery powered trimmer too.  The only hassle I have when I do yardwork is getting that stupid trimmer to crank and stay cranked.

I hear you.  Hey, I have a battery powered chainsaw and really like it.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Cant beat Stihl products. I have a Stihl trimmer and a chainsaw and they are bullet proof. Idk about their battery powered products though. I need a leaf blower and like the idea of battery powered but the performance (air velocity) is just not even close to the cheapest gas model unless you buy the really $$$ battery one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Cant beat Stihl products. I have a Stihl trimmer and a chainsaw and they are bullet proof. Idk about their battery powered products though. I need a leaf blower and like the idea of battery powered but the performance (air velocity) is just not even close to the cheapest gas model unless you buy the really $$$ battery one.

I’ve thrown two Stihl weed eaters in the dumpster because they wouldn’t last a season.  Won’t buy stihl again

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

So nobody has bought an EV?  Or nobody is willing to say they did 

I doubt anyone on here has bought an EV. I think they are pretty cool and have a lot of upsides...as well as some downsides...but they are not yet atvthe point I would plunk down my $ for one. I do expect that to change at some point.

20 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I doubt anyone on here has bought an EV. I think they are pretty cool and have a lot of upsides...as well as some downsides...but they are not yet atvthe point I would plunk down my $ for one. I do expect that to change at some point.

I guess our local libs aren’t serious about saving the planet just yet

• LOL! 1

I’ve thrown two Stihl weed eaters in the dumpster because they wouldn’t last a season.  Won’t buy stihl again

Thats crazy. I have had my Stihl trimmer since 2015 and my chainsaw since 2010 or 2011 and I have not had a single problem with either.

I guess our local libs aren’t serious about saving the planet just yet

They just want to demand we do. They're too busy jetting around on their frequent flyer miles. 

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Thats crazy. I have had my Stihl trimmer since 2015 and my chainsaw since 2010 or 2011 and I have not had a single problem with either.

I've got a rechargeable Snapper trimmer that is 7 yrs. old. I do four houses on 6 acres once a week each summer. Still on original battery.

I don't have a problem with EV's.  I think they are kinda cool, some of them anyways.  Not saying I wouldn't own one. BUT, they are not a solution to the supposed "climate change".  They are much dirtier to manufacture.  If you are looking to lower effects on our planet, they are not the answer.  You are being lied to in order to push an agenda and to push money into an industry that our overlords are invested in.