šŸ”“ Carthage Bulldogs football 2023

cowboyandchrist

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

Surprised no one has said anything bout the Carthage rb moving out his mom left with head volleyball coachĀ 

I figured if he stayed, he would have been a defensive starterā€¦..If they need another RB at some point, the incoming freshman will probably be ready after a few games on the 9th grade team. Ā 

2 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Surprised no one has said anything bout the Carthage rb moving out his mom left with head volleyball coachĀ 

Where did he go?

26 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Heard they looked unusually dominant in the 7on7 tournament in Tyler last week

The WR corps is almost completely new, but I thought they looked good.Ā 
The big kid from EF (or LA) who played a great deal last year is apparently no longer in the program.

7 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

The WR corps is almost completely new, but I thought they looked good.Ā 
The big kid from EF (or LA) who played a great deal last year is apparently no longer in the program.

Carthage is usually just "ok" at 7on7...not great though...the fact they looked like Carthage always looks, but just a lot sharper was eye opening when coaches told me

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Carthage is usually just "ok" at 7on7...not great though...the fact they looked like Carthage always looks, but just a lot sharper was eye opening when coaches told me

An unusually large number of the Carthage players were freshmen (who will be sophomores in the fall).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattStepp said:

2022-2025 will be a run of historic dominance in 4A for Carthage. Ā Anyone that wasnā€™t paying attention to all the underclassmen who contributed at a high level in the State Championship game will see soon enough. Ā Many freshman & sophomores were on the field and they are only going to get bigger, stronger, & faster. Ā šŸ˜³

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

2022-2025 will be a run of historic dominance in 4A for Carthage. Ā Anyone that wasnā€™t paying attention to all the underclassmen who contributed at a high level in the State Championship game will see soon enough. Ā Many freshman & sophomores were on the field and they are only going to get bigger, stronger, & faster. Ā šŸ˜³

KJ Edwards is going to be one of the top RB recruits in the state and maybe the nation by his senior season.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I donā€™t know about the linemen, but it appears the upcoming sophomore class will have major contributors in 2023 at QB, RB, WR, TE, & LB.

57 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

KJ Edwards is going to be one of the top RB recruits in the state and maybe the nation by his senior season.Ā 

True. Ā Edwards is not all they have coming up though. Ā In the SC game, an underclassmen RB, FB, QB, OL, TE, WR, DL, DE, LB, & DB all played significant minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Which I have to give credit to Carthage, playing their underclassmen. Something Kilgore hasn't caught onto for some reason. Especially at the RB position usually always a senior and a one year starter.Ā 

15 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I figured if he stayed, he would have been a defensive starterā€¦..If they need another RB at some point, the incoming freshman will probably be ready after a few games on the 9th grade team. Ā 

Yes, they were going to move him to defense.

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Which I have to give credit to Carthage, playing their underclassmen. Something Kilgore hasn't caught onto for some reason. Especially at the RB position usually always a senior and a one year starter.Ā 

SS & Co have done this for years, getting the young guys valuable playing time in meaningful games.

On 5/27/2023 at 12:26 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

SS & Co have done this for years, getting the young guys valuable playing time in meaningful games.

It bodes well in my opinion.Ā  Our RBs are usually one year starters.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:34 AM, BevBrownJr said:

I donā€™t know about the linemen, but it appears the upcoming sophomore class will have major contributors in 2023 at QB, RB, WR, TE, & LB.

They got linemen too...that class has it at all positions.Ā  I know it's hard to tell who's already reached full size, but even after losing some to the varsity, they still looked great.Ā  Gonna be fun to watch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...