🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

Strange thread. Some ETX fans seem like they are tired of Carthage. Congrats to Aledo for being the #1 program in Texas in a made up DCTF poll. I think even Carthage fans can admit Aledo has equal success as Carthage and does it at a higher level. Can agree 1a and 1b. 

Carthage has lost 2 games in 6 years. Craziness. People can say whatever they want. That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Strange thread. Some ETX fans seem like they are tired of Carthage. Congrats to Aledo for being the #1 program in Texas in a made up DCTF poll. I think even Carthage fans can admit Aledo has equal success as Carthage and does it at a higher level. Can agree 1a and 1b. 

Carthage has lost 2 games in 6 years. Craziness. People can say whatever they want. That’s ridiculous. 

1) Its not a poll. 

Granted on the website the link doesnt work but....

"For more information on how the rankings are put together, please read our explainer on the Texas High School Footballl 6-Year Program Rankings."

2) Carthage has not had equal success- Aledo has made it to state one more time than Carthage

3) You compare Carthage to Aledo not Aledo to Carthage (usually you compare the lower ranked team to the higher, not vice versa)- Carthage has had similar success to Aledo

4) *Can agree 1 and 2- fify

5) Regardless of the competition that is extremely impressive! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why anyone would argue the point that Aledo is the number 1 program in Texas in the last 6 years and also maybe ever.  Nothing short of incredible what they have done.

Out of all the schools in Texas, being ranked anywhere in the top 10 is awesome.  The rankings are based on very specific things and are pretty objective.  Strength of schedule would make a difference I'm sure, but no reason to be upset about being anywhere on that first page.

Also, I don't know why any of the Carthage fans spend any time trying to argue with EagleHater.  He's going to find a way to hate on Carthage while saying he doesn't.  Just let it go.  He wants the attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Crybaby 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:20 PM, cotton84 said:

Team A goes 16 - 0 winning every game all year by at least 28 points, except in round 3 of the playoffs they beat Team B by one point on a last second FG(Team B finishes the year 12-1).  In the state finals, Team A beats Team C 49 - 0(Team C finishes the year 12-4).  
Did Team C have a better year than Team B ?

Only for a ranking established by a magazine that sells subscriptions.  

So, has anyone done the work to show which current districts are the strongest over the last 6 years according to TF?  There are some teams missing from the list that I expected to be there based on the comments of their fanbase if nothing else.

Edited by neveragain
clarification

On 1/29/2023 at 6:57 AM, SmoakyBandito said:

1A and 1B could make since if they had the same amount of titles in this glorious six year span. But they doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

1A and 1B could make since if they had the same amount of titles in this glorious six year span. But they doesn’t. 

What? Both have 4 correct? Carthage has lost only 2 games. Aledo has 1 more appearance. Am I missing something? Like I said, a lot of ETX fans tired of Carthage.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 8:54 AM, JBizzle said:

I don't know why anyone would argue the point that Aledo is the number 1 program in Texas in the last 6 years and also maybe ever.  Nothing short of incredible what they have done.

Out of all the schools in Texas, being ranked anywhere in the top 10 is awesome.  The rankings are based on very specific things and are pretty objective.  Strength of schedule would make a difference I'm sure, but no reason to be upset about being anywhere on that first page.

Seems like a good post to promote the project Super B put together on the 6A site. Hope the mods don't delete the link. 

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/518558-greatest-texas-hs-football-programs-of-all-time

6 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Seems like a good post to promote the project Super B put together on the 6A site. Hope the mods don't delete the link. 

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/518558-greatest-texas-hs-football-programs-of-all-time

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this list. Of course it's "of all time" not just the last 6 years that TF come up with.

Also, I don't see the fuss in being number 2. Being number 2 is flat amazing! Texas HS football is the best in America!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

What is the W-L for Carthage against Marshall recently and do you have any scores?

Think the current Marshall-Carthage series started in 2018?

2018, 2019, 2022. 

Don't recall Marshall beating them once, two of them lopsided....one came down to the wire (2018). Carthage won 35-32...Marshall won 10 games that year.

2018  35-32

2019  33-6

2022  42-0

Edited by ANTI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this list. Of course it's "of all time" not just the last 6 years that TF come up with.

Also, I don't see the fuss in being number 2. Being number 2 is flat amazing! Texas HS football is the best in America!

Not seeing where any Dawg fan had an issue with being ranked #2. 

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Also, the question was asked and folks answered.

I swear, the constant hate Carthage and Carthage fans get is pretty disappointing. 

It's a select few on this board who have issues with the Dawgs and their success. Heck the author is a perfect example. #2 is not bad considering that the team he roots for didn't even crack the top 500.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, WolverBean said:

No one "hates" em just funny think cause beat a Marshall can beat the top teams in 5a or 6a

Which top teams were mentioned?  I saw Lufkin and JT.  They haven't been near the top in the last few years.  Nobody is coming for Longview.

We all know the larger schools have the advantage of more kids to pull from and a deeper bench to rotate during the game.  That's the reason there's not just one classification in football.

Lining up and playing the teams in your division, Carthage has done a pretty darn good job.  Don't really need to do anything else.  Last I checked the goal was to win the 4AD2 state championship, not beat Marshall, JT, Lufkin, Texas High, or any other school from a larger classification.  

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic