🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Lol knew something like that was coming. It’s an East Texas forum… football offseason… I don’t see any problem with people keeping occupied discussing what they wish. 

Carthage happens to be one of the top programs for the area and state and we have a lot of presence on here. 

I guess you picked Aledo because they have more? Id be happy to discuss it if I followed the team closely each year but I’m afraid I don’t and wouldn’t be able to add much to the convo. I’d love to see what Aledo fans and others in the know would say is their best teams. It’s a fun topic

2013, 2018, and 2019 best teams IMO 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Aledo has done it with more than one coach and (unless they dropped a district game this season) have not lost in district in like 13 years. With that said...I would take Surratt over any coach in Texas. He took a program that was pretty good but never won big...and turned it into a monster. Idk how Carthage has managed to hold on to him for so long.

Yeah, he gave the reigns to his D coordinator for a few years, and was AD, then they switched rolls

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Lol knew something like that was coming. It’s an East Texas forum… football offseason… I don’t see any problem with people keeping occupied discussing what they wish. 

Carthage happens to be one of the top programs for the area and state and we have a lot of presence on here. 

I guess you picked Aledo because they have more? Id be happy to discuss it if I followed the team closely each year but I’m afraid I don’t and wouldn’t be able to add much to the convo. I’d love to see what Aledo fans and others in the know would say is their best teams. It’s a fun topic

Trust me, if more people in Aledo found SDC, you’d hear about them every day… i go to the dentist in my Mineral Wells coaching stuff and he only wants to talk to me about Aledo…

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Trust me, if more people in Aledo found SDC, you’d hear about them every day… i go to the dentist in my Mineral Wells coaching stuff and he only wants to talk to me about Aledo…

And I suppose since you are getting dental work done you can't really say too much to change the topic 😂

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

And I suppose since you are getting dental work done you can't really say too much to change the topic 😂

You should visit Aledo some day.  All of

the orange and black will make you thinks it’s Halloween 365

Folks might as well get used to Aledo and Carthage..neither is slowing down any time soon.

Aledo 9/7 returning starters..and have some dudes chomping at the bit to fill the gaps. Keep an eye on wr Finley..will be a monster next 3 seasons.

Just now, ToddG said:

Folks might as well get used to Aledo and Carthage..neither is slowing down any time soon.

Aledo 9/7 returning starters..and have some dudes chomping at the bit to fill the gaps. Keep an eye on wr Finley..will be a monster next 3 seasons.

I know that it always can and likely will happen at some point in time, even if its distant future, but it is definitely hard to imagine either program going downhill or being on a decline.  

22 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I know that it always can and likely will happen at some point in time, even if its distant future, but it is definitely hard to imagine either program going downhill or being on a decline.  

Well at this point if both programs were to go winless for a few years, they still would be the envy of the State. 

To give a thoughtful and complete answer it would take more time than I am willing to commit to. I'd have to go back and relive each season to remember all the players and how each team navigated the tournament. Having said all that I refer to the '13 team as being the best in Aledo's history. They were just different. Below is how calpreps sees it and then a video I like by ibifiri from the '17 Aledo team. Shout out to Jalen Catalon, one of the best players I've ever seen Aledo compete against. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7505537/59c42ce32ab15f335ceaa278

Calpreps:

'22 Aledo 40 - '20 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '19 Aledo 26

'22 Aledo 35 - '18 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '16 Aledo 27

'22 Aledo 44 - '14 Aledo 20

'22 Aledo 42 - '13 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 44 - '11 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '10 Aledo 21

'22 Aledo 41 - '09 Aledo 17

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

To give a thoughtful and complete answer it would take more time than I am willing to commit to. I'd have to go back and relive each season to remember all the players and how each team navigated the tournament. Having said all that I refer to the '13 team as being the best in Aledo's history. They were just different. Below is how calpreps sees it and then a video I like by ibifiri from the '17 Aledo team. Shout out to Jalen Catalon, one of the best players I've ever seen Aledo compete against. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7505537/59c42ce32ab15f335ceaa278

Calpreps:

'22 Aledo 40 - '20 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '19 Aledo 26

'22 Aledo 35 - '18 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '16 Aledo 27

'22 Aledo 44 - '14 Aledo 20

'22 Aledo 42 - '13 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 44 - '11 Aledo 28

'22 Aledo 42 - '10 Aledo 21

'22 Aledo 41 - '09 Aledo 17

Thank you sir!  Aledo is a monster program and one to admire. 
We’re chasing y’all and it’s going to be hard to surpass y’all. 

Huge respect to your Bearcats!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Thank you sir!  Aledo is a monster program and one to admire. 
We’re chasing y’all and it’s going to be hard to surpass y’all. 

Huge respect to your Bearcats!

Aledo will split one day and the dynasty will be over. We have been more than fortunate out here. Just have to enjoy it while it last. At the end of the day I just hope Aledo puts out a competitive team, thats all I can ask for as a fan. Good luck to yall moving forward. 

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Aledo will split one day and the dynasty will be over. We have been more than fortunate out here. Just have to enjoy it while it last. At the end of the day I just hope Aledo puts out a competitive team, thats all I can ask for as a fan. Good luck to yall moving forward. 

Likewise, AA, have a great night. 

8 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

:rofl: it's all about opinion sir. Some say Surratt. Some say Buchanan. Some say the Katy coach. Oh, and what about the North Shore coach? Crazy what he's doing in the highest level of Texas football. and etc,etc and etc.  Do you get the drift?

Joseph has been my number one coach in the state for at least a decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic