🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

19 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Which top teams were mentioned?  I saw Lufkin and JT.  They haven't been near the top in the last few years.  Nobody is coming for Longview.

We all know the larger schools have the advantage of more kids to pull from and a deeper bench to rotate during the game.  That's the reason there's not just one classification in football.

Lining up and playing the teams in your division, Carthage has done a pretty darn good job.  Don't really need to do anything else.  Last I checked the goal was to win the 4AD2 state championship, not beat Marshall, JT, Lufkin, Texas High, or any other school from a larger classification.  

Yep. Pound for pound, Carthage and Aledo are 1a and 1b. Insane work those coaches have done there. 

The game Carthage plays against Marshall is there to prepare Carthage for district play and the playoffs. No need to read too much into it. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, house said:

9-0 in championship games is special.  Who else is undefeated in that game with that many tries?  That stat deserves more recognition.  

Carthage is 9-1 overall. They lost state in '91. But yeah winning 9 since then without a loss is incredible. 

5 hours ago, bossman1 said:

Not seeing where any Dawg fan had an issue with being ranked #2. 

It's a select few on this board who have issues with the Dawgs and their success. Heck the author is a perfect example. #2 is not bad considering that the team he roots for didn't even crack the top 500.

Obviously DCTF hates Carthage because they have them at 2 right?

1 hour ago, house said:

9-0 in championship games is special.  Who else is undefeated in that game with that many tries?  That stat deserves more recognition.  

Not y’all. But to answer question idk. Pretty sure no one is undefeated in 9 or more trips to state. 

5 hours ago, bossman1 said:

Not seeing where any Dawg fan had an issue with being ranked #2. 

It's a select few on this board who have issues with the Dawgs and their success. Heck the author is a perfect example. #2 is not bad considering that the team he roots for didn't even crack the top 500.

One poster commented "it was a made up poll." Maybe I took the comment wrong IDK but, there sure is a lot of Carthage peeps posting on the subject. Makes some wonder, if the poll gets under their skin a little or a lot IDK. Also look at what Matt Stepp said about the comments they were getting on FB.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

One poster commented "it was a made up poll." Maybe I took the comment wrong IDK but, there sure is a lot of Carthage peeps posting on the subject. Makes some wonder, if the poll gets under their skin a little or a lot IDK. Also look at what Matt Stepp said about the comments they were getting on FB.

FB is full of people pretending to be from Carthage who make outlandish comments like Carthage will beat North Shore by “Fawty” just to stir the pot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Carthage is 9-1 overall. They lost state in '91. But yeah winning 9 since then without a loss is incredible. 

Yea don’t know why keep forgetting about ‘91.  And I even attended the game.  

• LOL! 1

1 and 2 are both favorites to win SCs in their respective classifications next year.

Tepper’s interview with Timberview HC..asked about region 2 5ad1 playoff gaunlet, “you get through that, just to face Aledo, doesn’t get better than that” et al.

3 hours ago, ToddG said:

1 and 2 are both favorites to win SCs in their respective classifications next year.

Tepper’s interview with Timberview HC..asked about region 2 5ad1 playoff gaunlet, “you get through that, just to face Aledo, doesn’t get better than that” et al.

Ugh pretty much. Longview smacked every team this year including TV. And ran into the one team who could beat them in the semifinals. 

Longview would have beaten any team in 5A D-1 by 2-3 TDs. Except Aledo. And I feel like we definitely could've won that. Ugh. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ugh pretty much. Longview smacked every team this year. And ran into the one team who could beat them in the semifinals. 

Longview would have beaten any team in 5A D-1 by 2-3 TDs. Except Aledo. And I feel like we definitely could've won that. Ugh. 

I would have loved to watch yall play Midlothian. That would have been a really good game. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

True. They were a strong team Longview would've had trouble with. I still think we beat them. 

I think Longview should’ve ended the season as unbeaten state champions. 
When you have Hale and Tatum on offense and that stout of a defense you shouldn’t lose. 
Longview had that game under control and really just let it slip away.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

When you have Hale and Tatum on offense and that stout of a defense you shouldn’t lose. 

Have to play 4 qtrs vs Aledo..Longview only played 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Tatum was playing hurt. You could tell something was wrong with him during the game and come to find out he was hurt. Sucks. 
Hale showed out. But Longview wasn’t really “with” Tatum that game. So if the premise is that Longview should’ve won with Tatum and Hale (which is debatable) sadly we didn’t get that. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

58 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Tatum was playing hurt. You could tell something was wrong with him during the game and come to find out he was hurt. Sucks. 
Hale showed out. But Longview wasn’t really “with” Tatum that game. So if the premise is that Longview should’ve won with Tatum and Hale (which is debatable) sadly we didn’t get that. 

If the Lobos ever develop a passing game equal to their running game, they win many championships. You can’t just throw deep balls to Hale in double coverage. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He might have been hurt, but his OL was getting beat consistently..Aledo LBs were running free.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I forgot he was banged up some.  

• Mr. P locked this topic