🟠 Aledo Bearcats football 2023

Sportsfanatic1

50 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Got this one from Lake Ridge. Multiple DI offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Raycine-Guillory-46132078/

Unsure of where he'll play at Aledo....but it'll either be RB or WR. Aledo already has a DI player at both positions.

What a lucky day for Aledo!

During the state championship game, it felt like every other player was a "Senior, playing his first year at Aledo". Or "Junior who just transferred in". 

It is what it is. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

On 2/3/2023 at 11:48 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

What a lucky day for Aledo!

During the state championship game, it felt like every other player was a "Senior, playing his first year at Aledo". Or "Junior who just transferred in". 

It is what it is. 

I wish there were actual stats for that. Not just us but for everyone. Would be interesting to see for all the teams that make it to the semifinals and state. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:19 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

True. They were a strong team Longview would've had trouble with. I still think we beat them. 

I agree that yall win but it would have been really fun to watch both teams try and stop each others run game. 

On 12/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, ToddG said:

Folks might as well get used to Aledo and Carthage..neither is slowing down any time soon.

Aledo 9/7 returning starters..and have some dudes chomping at the bit to fill the gaps. Keep an eye on wr Finley..will be a monster next 3 seasons.

We dont return 9/7 more like 7/5 but if I'm not mistaken Aledo subvaristy did sweep both Denton Guyer and Denton Ryan. 

@Coach Rab fact check

33 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

We dont return 9/7 more like 7/5 but if I'm not mistaken Aledo subvaristy did sweep both Denton Guyer and Denton Ryan. 

@Coach Rab fact check

I think you are right.  Another thing to note is that Aledo returns both the QB and RB.  Both will play huge roles in making another run next year.  I don’t follow Aledo football well though.  I work for mineral wells athletics, so most of my focus stays on us and who we are playing.  I’ll know a lot more in 2-3 years when I will have 2 high schoolers in Aledo though

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

@Coach Rab fact check

This is just hearsay, but I’ve also heard from some people on the expansion committee that Aledo does not plan on building a 2nd high school.  If it is needed, then they are more likely to build a new 9th grade center and use the current 9th grade space to allow 10-12 to spread out more.

22 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

This is just hearsay, but I’ve also heard from some people on the expansion committee that Aledo does not plan on building a 2nd high school.  If it is needed, then they are more likely to build a new 9th grade center and use the current 9th grade space to allow 10-12 to spread out more.

Dont tease me like that lol. I really dread the idea of splitting up. I'd rather stay one HS as long as possible! Even if we had to go 6A and never make it to state again. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, I mean, why do y’all have to split before even moving to 6A, much less 6A-D1?

I've just heard rumors that "Aledo" would rather split than go 6A. Idk how true that is but I know they bought the land for a 2nd HS years ago. 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, ToddG said:

Was 22 a senior?

Unfortunately yes. I wish we had him another year. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dumb.

Why mess up a good thing?

Not sure. If I had to guess maybe academics. Keep class sizes as manageable as possible. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

11 football Titles. Coach Buchanan can flat out coach (best in Texas IMO). That's all I know lol.

Best coach in Texas is big time debatable. Carthage has the best head coach and the best defensive coordinator in high school football. Let the debate begin. As a side note, Coach Surratt has 10 state championships and no defeats in championship games. 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, AledoAlumni said:

@Coach Rab fact check

Aledo 9th scores:

Beat Ryan,  24-6

Beat Guyer,  28-20

Aledo JV scores:

Beat Ryan,  42-7

Beat Guyer,  34-28

So yep.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

11 football Titles. Coach Buchanan can flat out coach (best in Texas IMO). That's all I know lol.

I got Gary Joseph. But Buchanan was up there.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dumb.

Why mess up a good thing?

There was a time when no one would've thought that Lake Travis would see a 2 HS system.

12 years later, funny how growth can change things. HS #2 is opening fall '27.

Edited by ANTI
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Best coach in Texas is big time debatable. Carthage has the best head coach and the best defensive coordinator in high school football. Let the debate begin. As a side note, Coach Surratt has 10 state championships and no defeats in championship games. 

Hush! Honestly no one respects your opinion. Promise.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

wrong thread. this one is about Ty'Anthony Smith.

To be fair you're posting about a subjective ranking. It appears ToddG has another candidate. Also the title of the thread is #1 LB in Texas. Yet again, subjective.

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

To be fair you're posting about a subjective ranking. It appears ToddG has another candidate. Also the title of the thread is #1 LB in Texas. Yet again, subjective.

You are correct. JasperDawg struggles with alternate perspectives and expects all discussion to offer no variance in opinion. 

4 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

lol the nitwit has been hoping for a reply that he could hop on to the coat tail of.

No struggle at all  with comprehension of what it CLEARLY reads when you go to the link.

Simply put Huffman if you have an issue with the publication's opinion then take it up with DCTF. I simply made the thread to give the young man some recognition. So son, take your variance and go play in the street somewhere else.

C6523C9F-5B08-45DC-949C-45A5CD1ED3FB.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

going by the link to Dave Campbell's it clearly lists TyAnthony as the #11 player overall and #1 @ his position which is ILB. 

Again, going by the posted link.

Fairness doesn't change the fact that the link to DCTF doesn't lead to anything at all about the player Todd spoke of.

The thread title is coincides with the link.

1) Personally I don't care about the rankings. I'm just pointing out they are subjective and others can have an opinion.

2)If you wanted to make a thread about one kid then you should have done that but you didn't.

3)This isn't about fairness its is about the #1 LB in Texas (per the title), which will have several names tied to it. 

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

lol the nitwit has been hoping for a reply that he could hop on to the coat tail of.

No struggle at all  with comprehension of what it CLEARLY reads when you go to the link.

Simply put Huffman if you have an issue with the publication's opinion then take it up with DCTF. I simply made the thread to give the young man some recognition. So son, take your variance and go play in the street somewhere else.

Not sure why you think I care about Huffman or why you feel to evoke "son", "nitwit", "play in the street". You asked a question, dont like the answer, and then start attacking anyone who offers and explanation. When you make a statement elevating someone over other folk's players, you can presume that someone may have a different perspective.

Smith is a great "player/prospect". It is difficult to place him over the LB from Aledo whose talent has as actually translated into playoff wins and at a higher level. If Smith is the "best LB in Texas" (which he may be), we should expect Jasper to win a playoff game.  

• Mr. P locked this topic